Endo,Lap,One Tube,Ovulates but on Clomid to boost chance

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Endo,Lap,One Tube,Ovulates but on Clomid to boost chance

Postby Amanda1028 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:44 am

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo this year. I had surgery in February. I was really lucky and my RE says that I have one tube where the dye spilled and it is connected to one working healthy ovary. He feels "optimistic" however, I also had a septum in my uterus that he fixed. This does according to my RE, reduce changes of implantation. I ovulate very regularly. Now I only have one working side so that reduces my chances as well. My RE says that typically you ovulate every other ovary. With only having one tube, I am on clomid to promote the change of getting my good side to ovulate. Even though this increases the risk of twins. He started me on 100 mg of clomid for my first cycle. Which seems like a lot because I read a lot of you start with 50 mg and increase. And I am already ovulating. My RE insists that even with one good ovary, one clear tube, and regular ovulation AND CLOMID, that my husband and I only have a 7-8 percent chance of conceiving per month. This seems low. I am saving money for IUI right now. I am due for AF on 5/21 (5 days). The 2 week wait is killing me. I feel like I am going insane making up symptoms in my head. Any advice or input from the other TTC people out there?
Amanda1028

Re: Endo,Lap,One Tube,Ovulates but on Clomid to boost chance

Postby B Michaelson » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm guessing the low percentage is likely due to you also having had the septum and having the endo, but it does seem on the low side.

I have one tube but 2 ovaries and my chances are reduced but not as much.

- every cycle is optimally a 25% chance
- one tube reduces chances by 30% (or total 17.5%) since remaining ovary can still produce eggs that can be grabbed by the other tube (totally happened to me)
- one ovary and one tube likely brings it to 50% (or total 12.5%)
- anything else like age, endo, septum, sperm issues, etc reduces further
- time taken so far not becoming pregnant also reduces chances further

I'm going to hazard a guess I'm around 15% chance every cycle but who really knows.

It's hard to give a proper number since there are so many factors involved and they can change. I am also by no means an expert on this lol.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Endo,Lap,One Tube,Ovulates but on Clomid to boost chance

Postby blueeyesweety18 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 pm

I have 1 tube due to ectopic of in 06. In 2008 we did ivf and when our ds was 11 months old we started trying for our second child. I was on clomid and our 4 month trying I was of with dd. I was u/s's very early due to my history with ectopic and tube issues. I only have my left tube and it was confirmed that I ovulated on my right and the left tube picked up the eggs. Yes I said eggs dd was suppose to me a twin but the second one was just a sac. So even if you ovulate on the opposite side your tube and still pick it up
ImageMe 33Image :love: DH42Image

DSD 12
Ds 7
Dd5
Dd2
blueeyesweety18

Return to General Infertility