Bloodwork results poor, next stop ultrasound

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Bloodwork results poor, next stop ultrasound

Postby Crumpet » Thu May 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Its my first cycle of my DH and I TTC #1. I visited my OB/GYN for a pre-TTC checkup to make sure all was well and to get recommendations for a prenatal and whatnot. I just turned 39 so she decided it might be worthwhile to get my bloodwork done. The results were not positive:

AMH: 0.77
FSH: 11.1
Estradiol was fine and my Progesterone was fine (I had ovulated the previous month and producing good levels)

She is sending me for an ultrasound to check my follicles. If they're good, I can TTC naturally for 4 months. If they're bad, its time for an RE.

I'm reeling from this news since DH are newly married and this cycle is our first round trying. All of this came up before we even started TTC. In some ways that's good because we have a jump-start on dealing with infertility, but we were not at all prepared for it. No-one in my family has had problems TTC so I was really not prepared for this news (and my mother thinks "it will all turn out" because all of the women have become pregnant so easily -- sighs).

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone in similar situations so I know more about the road I'm headed down. My doctor also recommended acupuncture and I'd like to hear how that worked out for those of you who tried it.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to rearrange travel and whatnot so I can get that ultrasound as soon as possible...
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to General Infertility