Norethidrone/aygestin users help!

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Norethidrone/aygestin users help!

Postby Kirstava » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi! I just had a laparoscopy on May 25 to diagnose and treat endometriosis. The doctor did find endo but said my ovaries, tubes, and uterus look good and we should get pregnant soon after surgery. He put me on aygestin/Norethidrone 5mg 1x daily to keep my period from starting after surgery. I was on this medication from 5/17-6/14. Apparently the dosage wasn't high enough to combat my hormones bc AF started on 5/30 just 5 days after surgery. I went off the Norethidrone on 6/14 at my post op. Is it possible that I still could have ovulated on 6/16-6/18 even having been on that medication? The doctor said it could take 14-30 days before I ovulate but I just don't think the dosage was strong enough (everything I've read says you need to take 2-3x a day to postpone AF). I'm so ready to get pregnant as we have been trying for a while now and I don't want my endo to grow back! Pregnancy and breastfeeding will help keep endometriosis at bay for a while. I haven't been feeling like myself the past few days (super emotional and sensitive which is not normal for me) and I want to attribute it to PMS or hormonal changes. Any advice would be helpful!
Kirstava
Friend

Re: Norethidrone/aygestin users help!

Postby Danaa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:05 am

Hey there,
Sadly I don't have any advice regarding the meds you used or any personal experience but I did had a lap and i did O around 2days later after my lap and my period was right on time,the doc said i was ready to try the next cycle.
You know your body better than anyone,only you know if you did O or not,sadly I can't help you with that.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility