14 months of TTC...losing hope

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

14 months of TTC...losing hope

Postby Rachel29 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 am

Dear TTC-ers!

I am already on my 14th month of TTC and still no BFP...
I am 29 and my hubby is 30. We are perfectly healthy, non smokers, non drinkers, healthy eaters, no over or underweight.
In order to calm ourselves we have done the most important check-ups. Bloodwork, sperm analysis, hysterosalpinogram, ultrasound . All results are very good, sperm analysis above expected, tubes are open, my uterine is free of any damages, growths.
I ovulate each month, my periods are regular, 26-27 days, we BBD during my fertile period several times, every other days, I get positive OPK's, I have a tryphasic chart, uterine lining ok. Never had a MC, never been pregnant before..
I take prenatal vitamins, especially folic acid, my hubby takes zinc.
I had a very stressful year last year, but I managed to get a more balanced life now.
With all the above still no sign of a BFP...

Do you all know if this is normal to take this long? Are there any success stories after 14 months?

I start to think that for some reason I will never get pregnant... I thought that it will not happen straight away, but never thought that it will take soo long...I am trying to cope with it, but gets harder each cycle and don't know what I could do more.

Please feel free to share with me your experiences, advice...I really need them

Thank you!

Rachel

Gr.,Rachel
Rachel29
Friend

Re: 14 months of TTC...losing hope

Postby linzalot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi. :)

My husband and I have been trying for five years. No BFPs, sperm analysis, HSG, labs, ultrasounds, etc., all normal for us, as well. I'm not sure which is worse: knowing why you're infertile or not knowing. We have "unexplained infertility."

After a year of trying, we were still feeling pretty hopeful, because all the literature and doctors say to give yourself a year before seeking treatment. I'm worried we waited too long.

I hope you don't lose hope, but I know how you feel. It gets harder and harder. I'm at a point right now where I'm having to decide every month if we're going to continue with medication and shots and ultrasounds if they're doing no good. Spending nearly $300 a month with no results is starting to get to me. My husband is very blase about the whole thing; "it'll happen when it happens."

Good luck to you, hon.
linzalot

Re: 14 months of TTC...losing hope

Postby Rachel29 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 am

Hi Linzalot,

I cannot even imagine how did you manage for 5 year..I think not knowing what is the issue is the worst after all. If you are sick, you can get treated, if you are healthy and still does not happen, thats really really demotivating, frustrating, feeling that you are alone, noone can help you with advice, no control over it... Everybody says that you need to relax and than it will happen. I am also not sure until when we should wait, until we turn to other methods. I want to be a young mom, I want to spend time with my kids. I still have some hope that it will happen naturally...but I don't know. In our country IVF is not that expensive as that state covers more than half of it, but that's no guarantee either. My boyfriend also says, when it's time it will happen. I just don't know how I will be able to manage until than...

Do you plan to turn to IVF?
Rachel29
Friend

Return to General Infertility