Type 1 Diabetes and Infertility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Type 1 Diabetes and Infertility

Postby linzalot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Hello, all. First time poster. :)

Little background: I'm 31 years old, DH is 31. We have been TTC#1 for 5 years; no miscarriages, not even a positive pregnancy test in all this time (no chemical, no false positives). DH is a Type 1 Diabetic, he was diagnosed at 18, so he's gotten a better handle on it in recent years. His A1C is low, and his sugars are much more balanced than they have been in the past.

With the diabetes, comes our Number 1 Enemy: erectile dysfunction. His sperm is fantastic, above average, and all of my tests are normal, save for irregular periods (I can have a 28 day cycle followed by a 90 day cycle). He hasn't had an actual full on erection (it does get semi-hard, and he does ejaculate when he's able) in years.

I've been taking Femara CD 3-7, which was doubled this month, and I also triggered with a shot of Ovidrel. Progesterone test today was 20, confirming ovulation, so we're playing the waiting game yet again for the 50th some odd cycle.

My question is ... is anyone else TTC with T1D whether it be mom or dad? Looking for some support, a buddy, maybe?
linzalot

Return to General Infertility