Surgery for septate uterus?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Surgery for septate uterus?

Postby queenfolly » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here and eager to find a supportive community of women.

I was recently diagnosed with a septate uterus and am considering getting it surgically repaired soon. Has anyone else had this surgery? Any positive/negative experiences to share? What was the recovery like? How soon could you go back to work?

Here's an overview of my situation: I have .28 AMH, 16 FSH, diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. My husband and I tried for 9 months to conceive naturally, with no luck. The initial ultrasound and subsequent HSG test with my RE showed a substantial (but not complete) septum in my uterus. We moved forward with one IUI cycle anyway, but it was unsuccessful. So before trying again (whether with IUI or going straight to IVF), my RE is highly recommending I get the surgery to remove the septum.

I'm fairly confident this is the direction I'll go; at this point, if I can get the surgery in the next 1-2 weeks, I'll take the holidays to recover and potentially attempt IUI or IVF as early as end-of-January. But! Would love to hear about any experiences and how it went for you.

Many thanks!
queenfolly
Friend

Re: Surgery for septate uterus?

Postby Danaa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:43 am

Hey there,I don't have any experience with the surgery but i read a ton of positive stories!!
A few of them lost a baby before they knew about the problem.
Good luck to you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility