Adhesions causing infertility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Adhesions causing infertility

Postby disarraymomma » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I have followed tww for years now. I am the mother of 2 boys 6 and 9, and two angel babies that ended in miscarriages.

My story is long and drawn out, with different doctors all saying different things about my secondary infertility.

Let's hop to present day, the reason for me post. On Dec 29th, I had a diagnostic laproscopy with tubal chromotubation.

My doctor found severe adhesions in my abdomen. She says this is what they expect to see with someone at stage 4 endometriosis. I've suspected for a while that I may have endometriosis, but have never been officially diagnosed.

Because of the adhesions, my tubes are bound to my ovaries and they are bound to my bowel. She said the dye was able to make it through one tube, but the other was completely scarred shut.

She didn't clear any of the scarring. She said there were too many adhesions and removal could cause her to damage my tubes. She said my only two options would be to try IVF for pregnancy or a hysterectomy for release from my pain. She said there was a slight chance I could become pregnant on my own, but it would be hard and unlikely.

My question is can the scarring be so bad that she could not cut or laser the adhesions to unbind my tubes, ovaries and bowel? I am reading online where other women have had surgery to remove their adhesions. Should I seek another opinion?

Could my adhesions be the cause of my 2 miscarriages, one which was a missed miscarriage, the other was caught via ultrasound, both ended in d&cs?

Help! Any and all info is appreciated!

I should also mention that the inside of my uterus was scraped and tested and showed normal tissue. My cervix was so tight that they had to dialate me before surgery.
disarraymomma

Re: Adhesions causing infertility

Postby Danaa » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 am

I have read cases where the doctors couldn't do anything to clean the tubes from the adhesions bcs of the high risk of damaging the tubes,it could be tru but getting second opinion couldn't hurt.good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility