5 blastocyst embryos to donate(Chinese)

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5 blastocyst embryos to donate(Chinese)

Postby Lucky daddy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm posting this to looking for potential donee for our remaining frozen embryos, free (except for procedure cost). They are 4 AA quality and 1 B blastocyst embryos. We used 2 frozen AA embryos during the first cycle and blessed with a healthy full term normal weight boy (why I mentioned this is because most IVF baby is premature and underweight). We are 32 years old by the time of IVF.

The reason behind the donation is because soon after my first son was born, miracle happens - my wife got pregnant naturally.... we are not planning to have 3rd children now so I don't need those remaining embryos anymore.
I am paying for the storage fee now annually- sgd420. Other than that, I was given 2 options. To donate or to discard. I am unwilling to discard because We been to a hard time to get those embryos, and I believe those are life too, plus I truelly think they will have a great chance to success. On the other hand, with Singapore small population and concentration, I fear the possibility of incest/consanguinity. Although experts claimed the risk is remote, but I still think it is possible. Worst still, Singapore clinic normally will not disclose the information of the donee (it is understandable). But they allow the owner to find their own friends, etc for the transfer.

As a result, I am hoping I can find someone here, who needed help. I will provide as many information as possible, blood test, my boy health report, photos, etc. But I hope the adoption would be a semi-open adoption, I don't want your children to know they are not your biological children, but at the same time, I would like to know at least who they are, and adoptee and us can at least share information once every year. We will discuss this further. The bottom line is, I don't want to disturb your life, the child is yours forever, but I want to know some details about them to avoid consanguinity.

Do reply here and leave your email if interested. Thank you.
Lucky daddy

Re: 5 blastocyst embryos to donate(Chinese)

Postby Danaa » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:04 am

That is very nice of you!!
I just wanted to say God bless you and ur wife.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lucky daddy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:13 am

Thank you! It is not easy for us, and these embryos are really precious to us....before this we had 3 failed IUI and IVF (used 7 embryos), with one chemical pregnancy. We done those in Malaysia, then we decided to use all our money to try IVF in Singapore. What happened next is a miracle, a one time success.

I understand all the pain infertile couples are facing, relatives, friends, even stranger, or friends of our parents will keep on asking...they might be just asking, but it is like stabbing our heart every time we were asked "when?"

Not to mention my wife nearly die from the IVF complications due to overstimulated ovaries.

Do help us to spread the news, see if I can help needed couples (potential)... because I think this is the last year I will be storing the frozen embryos...no point to keep it if I can't find a donee.
Lucky daddy

Postby Nwt814 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi! We are pregnant through embryo adoption. The National Embryo Donation Center is located in Knoxville, TN. They take all embryos! We have 4 sibling embryos remaining for our little guy or I'd take them off of your hands! But, please call them and let them know you're interested in donating. They are *wonderful*, truly an answer to prayer. Also, there is a group call EDA on Facebook that your wife (due to sensitive issues, that particular group is for women only) can get in and there have been MANY matches through that. It is much less informal. Best of luck!!
Nwt814
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility