Pain, sickness, dizziness after HSG???

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Pain, sickness, dizziness after HSG???

Postby Vault101 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:04 am

Had the dreaded HSG yesterday and it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be.
And I still feel utterly dire now.
Is that normal? Has anyone else had a rubbish time with theirs?

I'd expected from online stories that it might hurt a bit while it was being done, most said it was like bad period pain or a particularly uncomfortable smear test - well for me it was honestly like a red hot poker in the base of my spine, I thought something was going to explode inside me, it was horrendous, I was screaming in pain throughout. But, to be fair, it subsided as soon as the procedure was done (took about ten mins) and I was just left with a dull ache at first (and a horrid feeling of having being violently violated, but I guess that's normal..).
Anyway, I waddle off home and get comfortable-ish, only to come over really dizzy an hour later. Get to the bathroom, pass out on the floor, laid there I don't know how long, ended up throwing up, felt a bit better after but still not right at all.
Now it's the next day and I'm just so, so bloody sore. Like there's a belt round me someone keeps tightening. Sitting down hurts, laying down hurts, standing up hurts... It's horrible.

Now, I'm not good with pain, others would probably handle it better than I have. But surely this isn't quite right, it should have eased up more than this? Definitely more intense and constant than period cramps. Has me worried if we do find ourselves pregnant, I'm not going to be able to handle it - but then again, the body is designed to give birth, it's not designed to have random devices and chemicals forced into it, so maybe it'll be fine..?
TTC #1 - 3.5 years and counting
Vault101

Re: Pain, sickness, dizziness after HSG???

Postby Danaa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:10 am

As someone who had two of them well this is definitely not normal,were your tubes blocked?!
I had a blocked tube on my last and the pain was mild not horrible and mine didn’t took more than a few minutes.
Call your doctor bcs this doesn’t sound normal at all.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Pain, sickness, dizziness after HSG???

Postby Vault101 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 am

No! He said afterwards it was clear. I expected it to hurt loads if there was a blockage, but there wasn't.
TTC #1 - 3.5 years and counting
Vault101

Return to General Infertility