What should I ask doctor at first infertility appointment?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

What should I ask doctor at first infertility appointment?

Postby anna123321 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm

I've been trying to conceive for about 15 months now with no luck, and we've not been using protection for about 2.5 years now. I have my first appointment with my OB/GYN next week and I'm wondering what sort of questions I should ask? Are there any specific tests I should make sure get done?

I'm almost 31 and I have fibroid tumors. My doctor doesn't think that they are in a location that would prevent conception or pose any problems with pregnancy, but I'm wondering if this is playing a role in my infertility. I don't have any other health problems.

This may sound strange but I have a gut feeling that I'm just not fertile anymore. When I was around 27 I had a real deep physical urge to become pregnant, but at that time it wasn't right for me so I wasn't trying. But now that I'm ready, that urge isn't there. I still really want to have a baby but the feeling that my body is telling me to have a baby is gone. Has anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks for any advice!
anna123321

Return to General Infertility