Possible pcos? Crazy chart

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Possible pcos? Crazy chart

Postby sundaywaiting » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 am

Hi all,
My husband and I have been TTC for over 2 and a half years. I am about to turn 34, DH is 32.
Some background:
This cycle chart is particularly insane. I started spotting/bleeding a couple weeks after my last period and it lasted for 21 days! It was bright red spotting w a lot of tissue. Since then, my new OB diagnosed me with pcos. Other doctors have suggested endometriosis in the past. My right ovary is cystic and my periods are irregular sometimes. I have been doing acupuncture since last June.
My endocrinologist doesn't think I have pcos. My thyroid seems fine. I am pretty thin- 5'4" 110 lbs, I do not have cystic acne or much extra hair growth. I know it is possible to have pcos without the elevated androgens, and I do believe I might have pcos, but my endo Doctor is not convinced. I am currently scheduled to do the progesterone blood test 2nd week of ovulation and the other hormone tests on cycle day 3-5.
You can see in my chart that is it very crazy and very long. I think my current cycle should be counted from the end of my spotting bc I had a round of bloodwork around then and my OBGYN said it looked like the beginning of a new cycle. But FF won't do that without a previous ovulation date- so cycle days are all screwed up.
My current problem:
I got a very dark positive wondfo opk on "CD 60". My temp dipped the day before and now, 3 days later, I still do not have a temp rise. Do you think this is another failed ovulation? How can I schedule my blood work without having and ovulatory cycle? I am so exhausted and frustrated and don't know how to keep going forward. Does anyone have similar experience it advice?
Thanks so much in advance! I appreciate it.
Attachments
image.png
Current FF chart
(91.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sundaywaiting

Re: Possible pcos? Crazy chart

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri May 18, 2018 12:49 am

Hi, lovely! First, I'm terribly sorry for the issues you're facing. My pcos is added with endo. so this must make some difference. I've always had normal periods but usually painful. We've got more complications with time driving us at fertility treatments. So I'm not in much help here, just thought I couldn't leave your post unanswered. Unless you have some other issues I do believe your rainbow is coming. Keeping you in my prayers :hugs:
@whenmytruerainbow
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hward90 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 am

Hello!

Your chart does look like an anovulatory chart. What are your cycles normally like? In terms of organising your blood tests. It will be difficult without ovulation, but it's based upon your normal cycles. So if your cycles are really irregular, I don't really see why they need to do your day 3-5 bloods and your clearly not ovulating regularly. If however you have regular cycles, that's a different story (I'm about to graduate from medical school but please don't take this info as bible!!)

I am similar to you. I just got diagnosed with PCOS in February 2018. I too am a normal weight and don't have symptoms of elevated androgens, but my cycles have been irregular for years. I was told that I have one polycystic ovary so I get times where I can go 5 months with a regular 33 day cycle and then get months where I can go up to 58 days. Because of this I was never diagnosed. For a diagnosis of PCOS in the U.K. You need 2 of;
- irregular cycles
- elevated androgens (clinically or on bloods)
- ultrasound confirmation.

Pcos is a spectrum, and many many women will have a mild version of the condition like me and never get diagnosed. From your story it does seem like you have pcos signs but only your doctor can confirm it. If you believe you do have it keep pushing as with normal bloods and normal ultrasound (mine was only polycystic when I ovulated) it can get missed!!

Good luck xx
hward90
Friend

Postby beckybenson » Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 am

Hi. Sorry to hear about the struggle. I don't have PCOS myself. But I do have some information about it. I did some research on it. it isn't impossible to conceive in PCOS. But there are very low chances of conception though. It is very common. Women who can't conceive and have PCOS usually consider IVF for themselves. It works for women with PCOS. But even IVF doesn't work in the first cycle all the time. It had more chances of working in the second one. You should consider it for yourself too. Good luck with it. I know of a place you can go to for this too.
beckybenson

Return to General Infertility