Help! Low sperm count!

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Help! Low sperm count!

Postby Peter Lim » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi all,

i'm a 27 year old male. Me and my wife have been trying for a child this year but to no avail. We have seen various fertility doctos and tried tcm.

Apparently the doctor said i have a low sperm count and probably low libido.

We are planning to go for a IVF next. But i'm afraid that it may not work and we getting frustrate as we are spending alot of money and still not seeing improvements!

I would like to know if you guys or any of your husbands have such problems and how did they overcame this??
Peter Lim

Re: Help! Low sperm count!

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:40 am

Hello and welcome!!ivf or iui is great solution for your problem.I personally know a few cases with make infertility who did Ivf and were successful.
Ivf with ICSI is what they used .
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulrosey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 am

Hi Peter, sorry that you are having fertility issues.

My DH had issues, low morphology and severe DNA defragmentation with normal counts. My RE put him on Prelox (2x a day) for three months. When he was retested his numbers had miraculously improved and everything was normal. Sadly my dh was not very regular in taking meds afterwards. With our last IVF we discovered that his issues were back.

Perhaps worth a try for you for 3 months? It's non prescription
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby NancyTeo » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues. You can increase your sperm count through various ways from eating foods high in anti-oxidants and getting adequate rest. Check out the ways to increase your sperm count here : https://www.pointofcareintl.com/blog/events/increasing-sperm-count.html. Hope it helps! Good Luck!
NancyTeo

Postby Emilykingston » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:44 am

Low sperm can cause a problem in conceiving. My husband had the same issue. This is nothing to worry about. It can be taken care of. I went for IVF too. It worked for us in the first cycle because I had no issue myself. If your wife is completely fine then it will work for you too. Stay positive and keep her relaxed.
Emilykingston

Postby Amy4678 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Peter, that's very unfortunate. I hope you see improvements soon. Usually, low sperm count is treatable. How long has this been a problem? Men are lucky they keep making new sperm. In that case, the count can change every few months. Hold on to it. Have you made any lifestyle changes? Consider wearing boxers instead of fitted underwear. Also, eat less spicy food. Avoid smoking or drinking a lot. Have a healthy sleeping schedule. These things seem small, but they really matter. And don't worry about IVF. It usually has a high success rate, especially at the clinic where I went.
Amy4678
Friend

Postby Alana90 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am

Hey!
Not to worry too much about success rates.
You are just 27! You have a long way to go. There seems no age factor involved.
That means one hurdle down.
You should not be late for IVF procedure. This is a great time to go with this procedure.
These assisted reproductive technologies are much suggested and success rates are quite high.
This is what I was suggesting on one of the forum.
The doctor also often suggests a number of suggestions to overcome Sperm count like daily exercises, eating healthy or having vitamins.
Just get along all these also this would make your way even easier.
I would suggest you go for this procedure have to trust on these procedures.
They leave no stone unturned for achieving success.
Good luck
Alana90

Postby mimimama » Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 am

Hi, no doc guarantees you would have the 1st or 2nd time success. Although you might combine IVF with PGS NGS to increase yr chances.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sidneywhite » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 am

Peter Lim wrote:Hi all,

i'm a 27 year old male. Me and my wife have been trying for a child this year but to no avail. We have seen various fertility doctos and tried tcm.

Apparently the doctor said i have a low sperm count and probably low libido.

We are planning to go for a IVF next. But i'm afraid that it may not work and we getting frustrate as we are spending alot of money and still not seeing improvements!

I would like to know if you guys or any of your husbands have such problems and how did they overcame this??

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation. You are suffering a lot. I can feel your pain.I am on the same boat as you. I also had my 3 miscarriage. After treatment doctor said i am infertile. This news made me cry. I was in deep pain for the months. Then someone suggested me for surrogacy. I am from Japan. Surrogacy is banned there. We went to Ukraine for surrogacy. The clinics are cheaper there. They have the best equipment's for it. I recommend you to visit there for better result. I wish you good luck.
sidneywhite
Friend

Postby Alana90 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am

Hey! Sad to hear about your condition. Well you can adopt various ways that could minimize the problem of sperm count or I might say can get your sperm count back to normal.
But besides from all this IVF is also an effective approach to adopt as it would help you out with this issue and having a baby.
If your doctor has suggested you this. Then your doctor is right. You must listen to your doctor always.
Hope you would have your baby soon.
Alana90

Postby Nina Ahrichi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 am

Not having your own children is not a problem. If you are unable to conceive then go for surrogacy. My friend followed the same procedure and is living a happy life with her daughter. So you can always learn about the surrogacy and get help from different best clinics around the world.
Nina Ahrichi
Friend

Postby deeptiseth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:10 am

Hey there! Do not be sad. Fertility issues are quite common these days. You are not alone, and you can get through this. Opting for IVF is a great step in the right direction. I'm sure you guys will do great! IVF does not work right away in many cases, do not let that discourage you. Wishing for the best for you both!
deeptiseth

Postby mustang » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 am

Hi Peter! I am 28 years old male and I just got my first semen analysis results. My sperm count is only 900 000/ml (Should be 15 million/ml) and volume 2 ml. The results are really depressing! Have you done your semen analysis more than ones? Could the second analysis results would be really better? My count is so low that I wonder how I can increase that. OK, I can stop to wear my skinny jeans anymore and use only boxers too. Otherwise I have healthy lifestyle. More vitamins too. I think that is all what I can do for my sperm healthy.
Maybe we have to be prepared IVF/ICSI too. Me and my wife have been trying for a child almost two years without success. She is totally examined and ok for pregnancy. Now we are dealing with this unfortunate male issue only.
mustang

Postby lillyP28 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:33 am

Hey, it really saddened me to hear about your condition. You should be confident. You Should go for Surrogacy. Surrogacy is awesome. It is also less painful. Every Infertile couple can get the happiness of babies through surrogacy. I was an infertile woman. I had a fatigue injury. I was trying to conceive. My family was not accepting me. But, my husband stood with me through thick and thin. Then we went to Europe for the suggested clinic. That was the best clinic I must say. I have a baby now. It feels awesome. Hope it would help you. Stay blessed.
lillyP28

Return to General Infertility