What to expect? Possible secondary infertility, no ovulation

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

What to expect? Possible secondary infertility, no ovulation

Postby FrostedFuji » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:15 pm

I have an appointment to talk to my OB-GYN in a little over a week to talk about my fertility. We've only been TTC for 6 months but I have been tracking BBT, CM, and using OPKs for 5 months and have had conflicting results - I had one positive OPK in January but no BBT confirmation, and my last 2 cycles have had BBT "confirmation" but all my OPKs were negative. My cycles have been very irregular, from 30 to 50 days, during this whole time period.

I'm worried she's going to tell me it's too early to explore options, since I'm 31 and it's only been 6 months even though I have evidence that I might not be ovulating at all. Does anyone have experience? If I am listened to, what kind of things can I expect re: tests, examinations, options given, etc?
Fuji: 31; H: 31

#1 born December 2015

6 months TTC #2, no egg in sight :dunno:
FrostedFuji
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: What to expect? Possible secondary infertility, no ovula

Postby Danaa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Ur doctor will probably test ur hormones on cd3 and progesterone 7 days after ovulation or cd21 to confirm ovulation,probably offer clomid to help with ovulation.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mimimama » Tue May 15, 2018 7:14 am

From what I have read experts recommend visiting a doctor for an infertility evaluation after 12 months (6 months for ladies aged 35+) of unprotected and regular sex without pregnancy. So, remain positive and good luck with ttc.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beckybenson » Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 am

Hi. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear about your infertility. This kind of secondary infertility is common. Have you tried medicines that stimulate ovulation? A lot of doctors prescribe those to people who are in the same situation. This might work for you. But if the situation doesn't get fixed with this, you can still go for IVF. IVF works best in the situations like this. The thing required for IVF to work is a healthy uterus though. If you don't have one, it might not work for you. Since the fertilized egg won't get attached the linings of your uterus. I hope this was helpful. Good luck. Sending prayers your way.
beckybenson

Postby Nina Ahrichi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:50 am

I know MCs are very bad. I am with you in this hour of need. You can always go for surrogacy. Try a clinic in Ukraine. They are very good at it. My sister went there and now is blessed with a baby boy she is more happier than ever. I hope everyone is blessed with this.
Nina Ahrichi
Friend

Postby rozianaa » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am

hi, Don't take the stress. Don't overthink. All will be fine. Stay positive and happy. I think you should go for a checkup. IVF is a good process where children would be genetically linked with you. It is no different than naturally getting pregnant. You will be experiencing the whole pregnancy stage. In Europe, there are best clinics. The treatment is not costly there. Think positive. All will be fine. Keep smiling and hope for the best.Think positive all will be fine sweetheart. Handle the situation wisely and calmly. All will be fine soon . Better things are surely coming.
rozianaa

Postby lillyP28 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:39 am

Hey. How do you do? Everything will be alright. Just be optimistic. Don't be so pessimist. I think this is quite normal. You should be happy that at least you can conceive naturally. As infertility is an immense problem nowadays. Dissemination of infertility is a big problem. I was also among those women who face infertility. But, I didn't lose hope. I chose surrogacy for me. May God bless you. Take care.
lillyP28

Postby sidneywhite » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

hello, how are you doing? I feel sorry for you. First don't take tension. Don't overthink. Stay positive and happy. Surrogacy is an option for you. It is a miracle. It helps infertile couples to have babies. There are many clinic offering best treatment. But please check background of the clinic before consulting them. I had a bad experience with L***s clinic. I am also an infertile. I contacted them on my friend's suggestion. We are from Japan. So we can't visit them. We sent them email to inquire about process and other details. We also mentioned it is a matter of urgency but they didn't reply. We also tried to get in touch via phone but failed. Their communications services are pathetic. We waited for a month to get response. We wasted our precious time. Beware of them. I hope you will find a good clinic soon. Take care
sidneywhite
Friend

Postby Angeladavid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm so sorry for you. I can feel you. Infertility is a curse. To deal with such curse needs tons of courage. Infertile couples are always in grief and pain. They want some solutions to their tears. Just don't give up. There are so many alternatives. surrogacy is one of them. plus its success rate is higher. This clinic in ukraine is the real place for you. They are the best for fertility treatments. The doctors and the whole team is so amazing. They are so professional in assisted conception. I just can't believe that they are arranging an event. The head along with the doctors and whole team will be there for the people. Date and venue is not decided yet. Interested people can contact them or direct visit their website for further details. The seats are limited. Go and get yourself registered for the upcoming event asap. So that you can avail this amazing offer. Much love!
Angeladavid
Friend

Return to General Infertility