Any tips or advice

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Any tips or advice

Postby Babyhope2018 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 am

Hi! First time posting. 38yrs old. Been ttc for 2 years. I and very regular and have no problem but Dh has been diagnosed with low count, motility. We had 2 failed iuis. Docs are saying we need ivf but I’m hoping we can make this happen on our own. Dh is on vitamins, Royal jelly and doing acupuncture. I am as well. Does anyone have words of wisdom, tips advice? We are praying everyday!
Babyhope2018

Re: Any tips or advice

Postby LindaJons » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello, dear. Why don't you want to try the IVF? If your doctor said it would help, you should do it. 2 years of useless ttc is a lot. Taking into account your age, you should hurry up. Your eggs won't be valid forever. And there's a chance that you might need a couple of IVF attempt. It also takes some time. So, I think you should start doing smth to solve the issue asap. You are not getting younger, it's true. I know a lot of women, who got pregnant after the IVF. So, it works great for most couples.
I really wish you good luck, dear. Don't give up. Hope you will find the solution.
LindaJons
Friend

Postby mimimama » Tue May 08, 2018 6:15 am

I keep my fingers crossed, although I would consider IVF as an option
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jessiquoi » Mon May 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey, I have some words of advice since we have the same problem. We've been trying since October 2015. We did four IUIs but they didn't work because of DH's low sperm count. He had varicocele surgery (a common problem where a varicose vein grows in the scrotum, heats up the sperm, and kills them - oftentimes occurs during puberty). He got the surgery and six months later I was pregnant. It generally takes 3-6 for him to heal but it could take up to a year for some men. It ended in a MC at 10 weeks. I had a chemical pregnancy two months after that. We aren't pregnant again yet but he was able to get me pregnant after that surgery. Better your husband/boyfriend gets it if that is the problem. It'll save you and your future children from the myriad of possible IVF difficulties. I'm not knocking IVF but first, if you haven't yet, rule this out by having your husband go see a urologist. (Mine was kicking and screaming but I finally got him to go. It takes a good man to agree to get his balls operated on!).
Jessiquoi

Postby mimimama » Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 am

@Jessiquoi - I am sorry you are going through this. I would advise to check out immune and genetics issues to know more about the reasons why you experienced pregnancy loss. Good luck
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alana90 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

Could I ask what the reason for not considering IVF? It's a great procedure. And there is nothing wrong going for this thing.
Many individuals seem to go for it. And many have already a baby through this procedure.
Well, it's good if you would be able to conceive naturally. It is great feeling no doubt.
But you should also look for others option. As they are valid.
I would give you my words of wisdom. And that is I often wished to conceive and have a baby but failed to do so.
Just keep your hopes high. Soon you would be able to be a mother.
But I would equally suggest you make your self mentally prepare for each circumstance.
Good luck.
Alana90

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 am

I'd also try some natural things being in your shoes before actually turning to ivf. Though your failed iuis so far..Did you try anything to improve your fertility health whilst undergoing treatments?
As for royal jelly I've heard much enough but haven't tried it myself. Ladies on boards write it brings benefits but I'm quite old fashioned and preffer consulting a dr first before applying for every option. The thing I tried is acupuncture. Found it really great for relaxing effect. Also healthy eating and adding some vitamins & supplements. Will write more as for these if you're interested. Need to add some of my background. 40 yrs old, dx: endo & PCOS.  Made 2 lapos - no actual result. Have left ovary removed with lapo. I'm pointing out that with those numbers we failed to get prego 2 ivf cycles in a row. We did 5 day transfer with 2 nice blasts each time, but just failed. This time we're moving on with donor egg which is quite challenging for us. You know the idea of having another woman involved into making OUR baby just hurts. Since we haven't been successful throught the previous fresh oe cycles, we decided to sign for 5 shot guaranteed program. In case of failure they refund money back.
I hope your path will be much smoother. though considering ivf is also great. Good luck!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilykingston » Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 am

The good thing is that you are fertile. I am sure the things you are trying out will work for you. Something will definitely work. Even if it doesn't, IVF is still there. Dont worry it is not that bad. You will forget the pain once you get successful. May the odds be in your favor. Best of luck and baby dust hun.
Emilykingston

Postby Emma666 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi! hope you are doing well. Sad to hear that you are going through a hard time. But it is a good thing that you are losing hope. You are trying right things. Hope for the best. I wish you best of luck. I any other case, you should think about the surrogacy. I can be the best option for you.
Emma666
Friend

Postby hellen03 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am

I hope that you are doing great. Sorry to learn about your hardships. However, it’s appreciable that you are not losing hope. You are going right smoothly. Believe in yourself and hope for the best. Accept my heartiest congratulations dear. Surrogacy is also an option you may think about. The final decision will be yours!
hellen03

Postby pitjulie19 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Hey! Hope so you will be fine. I think you should keep on trying. In this World, there would be the solution somewhere. No matter if you have failed once or twice. Learn from the failure and be hopeful. Life is like a coin. If failures are on the upside now then happiness would be waiting on another side. IVF is also a great step to overcome this situation. I think you should also consult about it with your doctor. Everything will be fine.
pitjulie19

Postby annataylor1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey. How are you doing? Well, there is no need to worry at all. If your DH has some problem it will be recovered by time and things will be in your favour soon. Well also if there is any kind of trouble in conceiving then you should go for some further test. As you both are getting old maybe age has some effect on your pregnancy. Don't lose hope and keep trying. Treatments are the final options for you. Wish you best of luck.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby marina_75 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:08 am

Hi everyone . I hope everyone will be fine . I am gonna share my positive story with you . I was a victim of infertility . I never lose hope . I waited for the right time . I visited clinic in London . They were very helping for me for opting IVF . IVF was successful . I have my biological son . I am very happy . Best of luck everyone .
marina_75

Postby BellaJones » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 am

Hi dear. How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really happy that you are so strong. However, IVF is really a great choice. If you consider it. Good luck. Take care. Lots of love.
BellaJones

Postby pitjulie19 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Hey dear! Hope so you are doing good. I felt sad for you after knowing about your situation. The worst feeling a couple got in this situation. I have also passed through the situation of infertility that's why I have an idea. But don't lose hope. It is the only thing that makes someone be consistent in their struggle. I hope one day you will be successful. I think you should also consult with some other doctors. Also, try some home remedies. It even helps in such condition. Eat healthy items that are rich in proteins. It would help to increase the count. As you are going for IVF, I hope it will be fruitful. All my sympathies are with you. All the best.
pitjulie19

Next

Return to General Infertility