TTC and Jealousy

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC and Jealousy

Postby Lillymaria » Tue May 01, 2018 6:42 am

Hi guys.

This subject is quite sensitive to me. The last couple of months or so have been quite difficult for me. I am beginning to cry at pregnancy announcements. My DH announced his cousin was having a baby and I was crying. Then my brother told me his sister in law was expecting. I then began wailing. I sent them both messages saying congratulations and even though I am so happy for them because you don’t know other people’s story they could have been trying just as long as you. But I felt lonely, sad, a tiny bit of the green monster came out. Lastly my sister in law keeps banging how she wants a baby how she wants to be the ‘first’ I just feel so stressed about it. I don’t want competition so if she wants to compete I’m not interested. Any advice anyone? How can YOU deal with a sister in law that always wants to be better than you and also pregnancy announcements. :(
Lillymaria
Friend

Re: TTC and Jealousy

Postby Danaa » Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 am

You do as best as you can!No pressure.As for the SIL business well that is a tough one,you are in no competition with no one,no woman should be in competition over pregnancy,maybe if u feel comfortable talk to her and let her know ttc is quite a journey and some women end up never experiencing pregnancy or many like myself suffer multiple misscariages,this if you are comfortable of course and you have a good relationship. I hope you get ur bfp really soon.good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopefulmum2bb » Tue May 08, 2018 11:44 am

BOY DO I HEAR YOU!!! I have had this recently and had to have a talk with myself. TTC has turned me into someone I never wanted to be!
Hopefulmum2bb
Friend

Postby Alana90 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

Hey! That's completely fine. That's not even jealousy that's the pain that we have of not having a baby.
And how could you overcome that thing? That's perfectly fine.
You are brave. That you spoke out such thing. We often have such emotions. But we have a fear of speaking out.
We are obviously happy for them. Who won't love, babies? We do. And that's the reason we are jealous.
More power to you girl. May you soon be able to overcome this thing.
Alana90

Postby Kendell bling » Mon May 28, 2018 9:16 am

Hey, this isn't a thing to have competition on. I mean come on, a child is not a trophy. It is what makes you a complete woman. Stop taking the stress. I know God has planned something good for you. Just ignore all the haters for now. I wish you all the best for the baby. Hopefully, you will have one soon.
Kendell bling

Postby annataylor1 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 am

Hey Lilly. Hope so you're doing fine. My dear being infertile is not your fault. This is not just present in you. But maybe you got some talent which is present in you but not her. Show her that if you can not conceive they are better then her many other ways. And yes do not feel low or bad. Try again. Don't lose hope. Those who keep trying can never fail.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby beeny9890 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:32 pm

I perceive how you are feeling. That isn't envied. That is extremely a torment you feel of not having babies. I can absolutely appreciate this. I have also centered around once. I know God has masterminded something bravo. Basically, ignore each one of the haters for the present. I need you to appreciate all that life brings to the table for the baby. In a perfect world, you will have one soon.
beeny9890

Postby Emma666 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi! hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear about what you are facing. It is quite a natural thing. But you need not worry about this. Sometimes it is written in the fate. And we cannot change the fate. I tried for TTC 5 years but all in vain. I was fed up with my life. My husband was going to leave me. But I did not lose hope. I went for the surrogacy. I got a surrogate son. So I recommend you not to lose hope. You should think about the alternatives like surrogacy. My best wishes are with you. God bless you.
Emma666
Friend

Postby beeny9890 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 am

"I perceive how you are feeling. That isn't envied. That is extremely a torment you feel of not having babies. I can absolutely appreciate this. I have also centered around once. I know God has masterminded something bravo. Basically, ignore each one of the haters for the present. I need you to appreciate all that life brings to the table for the baby. In a perfect world, you will have one soon.
"
beeny9890

Postby hannahdavid » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey, I am in the same boat as yours, therefore, I can understand how all of this feels. When people announce their pregnancies I am extremely happy, however, with all that is going on in my life the emotions are just all over the place. My suggestion to you would be to just stay patient. I know it is much easy for me to say it when in reality things are completely out of hand. Secondly, your sister in law probably is unaware of your side of the story. My personal advice to you would be to make her sit and tell her that not everything is the way we see it. Also, not everything is a competition! Make her sit and express to her your emotions. If you are comfortable in telling her about your infertility then do let her know. This way at least she will stop! If she is bringing negativity in your path then it is important to remove that. It is extremely important that you remain positive. Don't take the stress! I am sure everything will get better. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid

Postby beeny9890 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:33 pm

I perceive how you are feeling. That isn't envied. That is extremely a torment you feel of not having babies. I can absolutely appreciate this. I have also centered around once. I know God has masterminded something bravo. Basically, ignore each one of the haters for the present. I need you to appreciate all that life brings to the table for the baby. In a perfect world, you will have one soon.
beeny9890

Postby beeny9890 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am

beeny9890

Postby nathalie335 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:56 am

Hey lovely. Well, your SiL just seems like and immature woman. I do not think there is a trophy for getting pregnant first. You should just ignore her altogether. This would just get you more stressed, which is not something you want while trying to conceive. And dear infertility should not be an issue at all. There are so many of us all around facing the same issue. I know what you mean by the green monster. It is natural to feel a bit jealous of others, when you want to have a child of your own. This just shows that you are a normal person with feelings and emotions. It does not make you a bad person to want something so dearly.
My advice to you would be to get your tests done. As well as those of your partner. Find out what the issue is before you start stressing over it. Maybe it is not even a huge issue. I hope you find out the issue, and start with the treatment soon. Love and prayers.
nathalie335
Friend

Postby Olivia121 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:34 am

Hi, that is fine. That’s is not jealousy but the pain we feel when we have not babied. Don’t worry about what you are overthinking about that. Infertility really a bad disease which people have to face that create the difference in the relationship. We should go for the solution rather stick to that problem and think about that. You are brave you should not think about that relationship God gifted. My best wishes with a hope you will your best.
Olivia121

Postby annawilliam » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:13 am

Hey, hope you are doing well. I am so sorry to hear that. It is quite natural. I can feel you. I have been facing infertility for so as well. I was TTC since 8 years. And whenever i used to hear a news of anyone getting pregnant, i used to get so depressed. infertility is such a curse. TTC journey was so hard. But nothing worked out for me. I am these days visiting a clinic named biotexcom. The clinic is for fertility treatments. I am here for my surrogacy. why don't you go for any infertility treatment? The biotexcom clinic is the best for all. plus the procedures here are so reliable as well. You should go choose one procedure. I will recommend surrogacy as it is safe like pregnancy. And i have a news. This clinic is going to arrange an event soon. All the doctors along with staff will be at the event. You can visit the event and do them all there. Then things will be more sorted for you. This is a great chance. Don't miss it.
annawilliam
Friend

Next

Return to General Infertility