Want to hear about experiences with IVF How many cycles

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Want to hear about experiences with IVF How many cycles

Postby julie_99 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:55 am

Want to hear about experiences with IVF How many cycles before you got pregnant?
How old were you?
How much did it cost?
Did you know the gender and if so, were you able to choose?
Did having to do IVF prevent you from having a desired number of children?
Any recommendations for first timers?
julie_99
Friend

Re: Want to hear about experiences with IVF How many cycles

Postby Kendell bling » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 am

Honey, all this depends. It depends from person to person. I have seen women in 20's failing their cycles. I have also seen women in 40's having a success. It all depends. The costs depend too. In the USA it is expensive. Though in Europe it is comparatively cheap. The success also depends on the clinics. How professional they are. I have recently heard bad reviews about Adonis. You can search for your own preferable clinic. Also, you can have as many children as you want. Depends on your body. How well it takes the IVF procedure. How well your eggs fertilize. Also, the quality of your eggs matters too.
Kendell bling

Postby beeny9890 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 am

Hi dear, hope you are doing well. I am sorry I can't help you with this. I have gone through surrogacy instead of IVF. Because I was 42 when I came to know about my infertility. And my doctor suggested me to opt for surrogacy. IVF would be riskier. I don't know much about IVF but I know that it is risky at an older age. Most of the time it lasts with failure. It's better to choose surrogacy it is the safe and healthy procedure. I am sure you will get your answers soon. Or you can do your own research then go for any process. Good luck.
beeny9890

Postby pitjulie19 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:32 am

Hey Julie! Hope so you will be fine. I just read your post. I think the cycles depends upon the strength of the gametes. If they are able to fertilize easily then you may get pregnant during the first cycle. Age do not much matter but should be less than 40 because after that the strength of a woman to hold the pregnancy reduces. Some f the best clinic provide gender selection offer. I think you should consult with the best one. Avoid overthinking and stay strong. I hope everything will be fine.
All my sympathies are with you
pitjulie19

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:54 am

julie_99 wrote:Want to hear about experiences with IVF How many cycles before you got pregnant?
How old were you?
How much did it cost?
Did you know the gender and if so, were you able to choose?
Did having to do IVF prevent you from having a desired number of children?
Any recommendations for first timers?

Hi! This path is different for everyone. Here's some of my background. I'm 40+ yrs young with endo and pcos. Dr recommended doing lapo. I made twice but got no actual result. On the whole ttc 2 yrs+mons. I've got my left ovary removed with my last lapo which made me feel even worse about the process. With my brave face on went straight to ivf with oe first. Passed 2 shots. Eggs retrieved 20, only half fertilized. Did 5day transfer each time - both resulting in bfn. Then headed off for treatments abroad. this time used donor egg at Ukrainian clinic. Got success from shot#1 ivf. Took home cheapie 12dpo and saw bfp for the first time of my life :omg: So summing up:
How many cycles before you got pregnant? - 2 fresh oe ivf, 1 fresh de ivf.
How old were you?- 39 yrs old
How much did it cost? - 10k euro/5 shots/guaranteed package
Did you know the gender and if so, were you able to choose? - No, we didn't care about the gender at all.
Did having to do IVF prevent you from having a desired number of children? - The last successful de ivf cycle we transferred 2 5day blasts, one vanished.
Any recommendations for first timers? - Doing best with self educating and clinic choice.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:17 am

beeny9890 wrote:Hi dear, hope you are doing well. I am sorry I can't help you with this. I have gone through surrogacy instead of IVF. Because I was 42 when I came to know about my infertility. And my doctor suggested me to opt for surrogacy. IVF would be riskier. I don't know much about IVF but I know that it is risky at an older age. Most of the time it lasts with failure. It's better to choose surrogacy it is the safe and healthy procedure. I am sure you will get your answers soon. Or you can do your own research then go for any process. Good luck.

Were you successful with surrogacy? If you don't mind me asking. And what country did you choose for this purpose? Could you share costs? Any hidden prices or other unexpected issues? Did you work with the agency? TIA
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:22 am

GinaRusktova wrote:Well, I can't share any experience as I am undergoing one. But, yeah! Can answer you a few questions.. I'm 38, DM me for the price; don't wanna break any rules here. Yes! We are trying for a boy first. Not, really, it doesn't, ask your OB for it. Anyway! Wish me luck! I'm undergoing for it later this month.

Wishing you the best of luck with your ivf round. I suppose you could have had some news so far-eh? We've been recently successful with Ukrainian clinic. Passed donor egg cycle. (Previously underwent 2 fresh oe ivf with no luck. I was diagnosed on endo and pcos. Dh is perfect.) Am currently in the 1st trimester.
Babydust!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LucyBrown » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Hey there! I hope you are doing well. I am a soon to be a mother via surrogacy. I read your post and learned that you have some questions. Some other people in the comment section also have been asking some questions. I can help you a little by sharing about a clinic that I've had a great experience with. For all the women out there interested in IVF, surrogacy etc check out biotexcom. It's a clinic in Ukraine, with great services and amazing healthcare facilities. If you can't visit Ukraine, they have an event coming up in London on 17th and 18th August. They have a great and trained team and they might clear up most of your confusions regarding IVF and surrogacy. I think seeking help from professionals is always the right thing to do. Please make sure you find urself a great doctor. Everyone has different experiences. You should definitely listen to whatever your gynecologist has personally suggested you do. I hope my comment was helpful. If you want I'll share my personal story here as well. Sending my love to all you lovely women out there!
LucyBrown

Postby lindaswank » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:04 am

Hi Julie. How are you doing? Hope so you are doing fine. Well, I am here to help you. I had a baby through IVF about 7-month ago at BioTexCom clinic. And that clinic is now coming to London on 18 and 19 August. They are offering a free consultation for all the infertile couples. I think you should consult with them. As they are offering very reasonable expenses of IVF. Hope so my words will help you.
lindaswank
Friend

Postby rozianaa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 am

hi, hope so you are doing great. I really appreciate your post. Thank you for sharing this. So proud of you. Not losing hope is a big thing indeed. You are such an amazing woman. I can feel your pain. But not losing hope is bigger than that. Nothing is impossible. I am infertile. Now thought of choosing IVF. But I am really sad clinic Lotus are even not replying. I am really stressed out. Lotus, It has got the worst communication service ever. Beware of these clinics guys. But I am not losing hope. We just have to handle the situation calmly. Better things are coming. Pray for me, dear. My prayers are with you. An all the best for the future ahead. I can not give you many details about IVF. I have heard that this process guarantees success.
rozianaa

Postby BeccaChloe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 am

I have a very bad experienced IVF. I am 43, and I lost all the three cycles of IVF. Doctors weren't very hopeful because I was not responding well to the cycles. The third cycle was a success but, I miscarried at 7 weeks. Then, I learned that it is very important to have a good clinic and good doctors. The doctors were very young at that time, and they misguided us. The medication was fine. But the transfer day was misunderstood. I was transferred on the 3rd day. Which didn't go well? The clinic, I want to mention that played with us, was Adonis. And I would like to mention that their staff isn't well-equipped with the basic knowledge of the fertility treatment. As they are hired to train not been hired trained staff. So, look for a good clinic and don't compromise on quality.
BeccaChloe
Friend

Postby cindywoolfe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am

Hey, honey. I hope you're doing alright. My sister underwent IVF a year ago. She lives in the States. However, after wasting a year looking for a clinic she decided that it was really expensive. She tried visiting Europe for her treatment. She found a really good clinic in Ukraine. She underwent treatment with them. And, it was unbelievable. We thought it was a miracle. Her IVF worked in the first cycle! Their rates were also really low. She recently had a beautiful baby boy. We've been really happy about it. I'm considering going to the same clinic for IVF, too. Hope this helps you!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janeen1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Hey, there. I hope you're okay. I had a brilliant experience with IVF. It was more than a year ago. I underwent treatment with this brilliant clinic. I had lost all hope after two failed IUIs. And, the worst thing happened! I failed my first cycle. Now, that was too much negativity. I'm glad I had the support of my DH. We fought back, together. And, it worked for me in the second cycle. I was so happy! It was a really good experience. Good luck to you. I hope you go for it and it works out for you, too!
Janeen1

Postby bells12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 am

Well, I think in this case I should be honest with you. IVF is a good treatment. Though it's success rate is very low. Maybe in your case, it won't be successful. So don't waste your money and time. You should opt for surrogacy. It will be suitable for you. Biotexcom is the best at dealing with it. Their success rate is very high. The best thing is that they are arranging a seminar soon. It will be the best opportunity for you. Attend this seminar. Seats are very limited. So hurry up get registered. Wish you very good luck with that. My best wishes are with you
bells12

Postby martinajohn785 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 am

Hello! How are you? I think cycles depends upon the mental and physical state of the body. Everyone is not facing dealing with similar issues. So we cannot assume it. But unfortunately, if it does not become successful then the chances enhances for the next time. I also have a baby through IVF. I got the treatment from a Biotexcom clinic in Ukraine. They are best according to my experience. The important news is that they are coming to London soon. They will conduct a seminar in the coming days. There, they will provide initial consultancy and answer to the queries. So think you should attend this seminar. I hope you will also be satisfied with their facilities
martinajohn785
Friend

Next

Return to General Infertility