Young unfertile men.

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Young unfertile men.

Postby Infer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:34 am

Hello. I'm 33, single, sad and utterly infertile.

The news came today. I don't really have anyone to talk or even simply tell this to, so I created an account on here. Anyway, the endocrinologist broke the news to me today. He said something to the effect of: "I'm sorry but all your samples are indicative of azoospermia. There's not much we can do. Your chances of ever fathering a child are rather slim to none even with assisted-reproduction technologies". As you might already be aware, that means that I shoot blanks. As in, total blanks. Not a single swimmer in the soup. My FSH is about twice the upper limit and serum testosterone is at the upper limit too. That implies complete spermatogenic failure.

I was never too keen on having children. As in, I'd probably make for an awful dad anyway. Besides, I am not sure I would want to pass on my defective genes (I'm 5'4, bald and now totally infertile as well) to anybody else. Why would I want to condemn another human being to this hell I live every day? I'd like to think that I'm not that evil. At this point, you might be wondering what the problem is given that I am not dying to have children, and you'd probably be justified. Well, the reason is that although I have always felt defective due to my (lack of) height, I am now feeling 200 times more defective. I suppose the fact that the option of having children has been taken away from me is also weighing on my mind for whatever reason. In short, I feel exceedingly inferior. Not quite a man and I know that those feelings are not exaggerated in the least.

I suppose I am writing this primarily because I find it cathartic. Writing this down and knowing that someday, someone might stumble on it and read it and perhaps experience sympathy for me is cathartic for whatever reason, but I'll also take this opportunity to ask a for your honest opinion with regard to the following questions (which just popped into my head):

1. To be entirely honest, I was hoping to find a woman to spend my days with. Do you think anyone would date somebody like myself? Do you think women find "men" like me disgusting?
2. Do you know anyone in my situation? How did he manage to keep going?

Thank you in advance.
Infer

Re: Young unfertile men.

Postby sahruubutt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 am

I am sure you are not alone. Infertility is a big issue. People make it through. You should not stop making moves just because of this. There are many ways to conceive these days. So I don't think you should be worried about this. I hope all goes well for you. Don't Lose hope. Keep going forward. Take care.
sahruubutt
Friend

Postby Emilykingston » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 am

Hey, you are simply not the only one infertile living on this planet. Therefore we also have treatments available for it. Sadness will lead you nowhere. Trust the process. You have other options. Either you adopt or treat the problem. My marriage was on the verge of breaking. When we tested, my husband was the one with infertility. Therefore we went to the best clinic in town. Now he is free from the curse. The clinic was reliable. It pretty much gave us time and attention. I will tell you the same to have patience. There is nothing to be ashamed of. How can you be disgusting? I never saw this coming.
Emilykingston

Postby mimimama » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:38 am

I am sorry to know your story. However my sis knows two persons, who got pregnant using donor sperm and IVF
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kendell bling » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 am

Why don't you just stop feeling bad for yourself? I mean it will take you nowhere. So just stand up. Take a look at yourself in the mirror. See, how can you groom yourself. As far as infertility is concerned. You have assisted conception at your service. Why don't you opt for it? Get a treatment. I am sure things will get better for you. Just have faith. In addition, I know you might be worried about the financial issues. There is no need to stress out on this issue. Just find a clinic that is affordable. Look out for an option in Europe. There are some affordable ones there.
Kendell bling

Return to General Infertility