Low reserve

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Low reserve

Postby Strawberry11 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi I am new to TTC. I came here to try and find some advice, help, successful stories and other women who have had positive outcomes in my situation. I am 38 years old my husband and I have been TTC for a few months I thought we would be pregnant in no time. Because of my age to be proactive I decided I would get tested and make sure everything is good. Come to find out through ultrasound I have a low ovarian reserve the doctor could only see about two maybe three eggs. I have an FSH level of 5.7 and a AMH level of 0.4 to top all of that off I ovulate late roughly 6 days before my period starts which is a 23 day cycle. Any woman in similar situations is there hope to conceive/ successful IFV? Any insight advice would really be appreciated.
Thank you
Strawberry11
Friend

Re: Low reserve

Postby hannahdavid » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 am

Reading your post made me feel like I was reading my own story. I suffer from a poor ovarian reserve. With AMH levels low and FSH levels extremely high. My periods are also not very regular. I remember when I was diagnosed with this disorder my world completely shattered. I wasn't expecting anything of this sort to happen. I for many days was in disbelief. I then started researching on the possible solutions. I thought since IVF is a high chance of so many people that would also imply to me. I visited my doctor and he broke the bad news to us. He told me that IVF IUI both have the same chances of success as trying naturally. That was honestly so depressing to know. I still went out and tried the processes and they failed. My doctors tell me that I should consider DE. So I am preparing my mind for that.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Strawberry11 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Thank you for your responses ladies!! Wish you both the best!! Where abroad are you seeking treatment??
Strawberry11
Friend

Postby postivethinker » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 am

I have just returned from my first egg retrieval after hearing a very similar story to you that my AMH level was painful low 0.1 %. We started the ICSI plan and I was taking a mixture meds Menopur, Orgalutran and then Brevactid. After the procedure today one follicle was there so let's see if there is a strong little determined egg ready to go on the next step of the journey.

I never knew I had a low egg count until I started this and all I have heard is that I am too old and that my chances of becoming a mum naturally are low but I keep positive and remain optimistic as it only takes one. I am 39. I will wait to see what the news is from the lab tomorrow so fingers crossed it is a green light for the last step before the 2 week wait.
postivethinker
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:48 am

Firstly I'm sorry. Low amh is not the best sign. But they always say you need ''just one''.
Those were the outcomes for us. I'm 40 yrs oldie with endo and pcos. We've tried 2 failed oe ivf shots. Eggs retrieved -20, fertilized -10. Both times 5day transfer--no baby. So in my case 20 eggs retrieved didn't work out in the whole process. So finally we had to use donor eggs to boost chances.
Ivf is the process when quality of eggs is over their count. Unless your dr feels ok about giving oe ivf a try and you can afford this ''experimental'' shot--do this! You'll have your mind at peace this way.
Also have you ever considered trying donor egg?
I know this topic is sensitive, it was the same for me years ago. But I really don't regret a thing about using de with ivf as I conceived my baby#1. It took us 1 shot only.
Whatever your path is just know you aren't alone. We're here for you. All the best of luck :hugs:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby postivethinker » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 am

Thanks for your message. I got the news today that the egg was mature but it didn't fertilise overnight so we now have some decisions to make about starting again or not. The positive is that I do still have eggs and it was good and mature enough so that is a positive. I have talked about a donor egg but I wouldn't even know where to start and you first need to find a country that allows it as we live in Germany and it is not allowed there. Delighted for you and that you have a positive outcome to share. IVF is not for everyone but I am glad we are at least trying it.
postivethinker
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 am

postivethinker wrote:Thanks for your message. I got the news today that the egg was mature but it didn't fertilise overnight so we now have some decisions to make about starting again or not. The positive is that I do still have eggs and it was good and mature enough so that is a positive. I have talked about a donor egg but I wouldn't even know where to start and you first need to find a country that allows it as we live in Germany and it is not allowed there. Delighted for you and that you have a positive outcome to share. IVF is not for everyone but I am glad we are at least trying it.

I'm sorry your egg didn't work out :( oh, hun it's hard to decide. I was in the same position. Though I could produce still many -only some where good enough and just few could get fertilized..Both oe ivf cycles failed, we had the mix of embies' quality. Chose the best graded but no luck. Dr told the next step was donor egg. It took us both time to get there..But I'm sure the decision's best ever.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sunshine_ai » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi there,
just got the news last week, Low egg quality with low AMH 1.7ng/ml, I am 41 I thought there was still hope. But I was told the only chance to get pregnant was through IVF, which I am not so keen. I have been trying to find information about improving egg quality and AMH levels, but there is not that much.
I came across the product called Ovance on the website "advancedfertilitysolutions.com". The problem is that I cannot find any reviews in forums or anywhere else on the internet.I have sent an email asking for some scientific publication but I have heard nothing.
As anyone heard about anything about this or is just a scam?
sunshine_ai

Postby Strawberry11 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 pm

I have not heard of it but 2 books that I found to be super informative about improving egg quality were it all starts with an egg and how to improve egg quality. Great read and info. I’ve started taking the recommended supplements myself. With the exception of DHEA I want to speak to my doc first and in Canada you need a prescription for this supplement. I’ve also spoken to a naturopath and she confirmed there is evidence that these supplements can improve egg quality and she also recommends the diet and supplements in the book. I feel like at this point nothing can hurt. Best of luck to you.
Strawberry11
Friend

Postby Strawberry11 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm

sunshine_ai wrote:Hi there,
just got the news last week, Low egg quality with low AMH 1.7ng/ml, I am 41 I thought there was still hope. But I was told the only chance to get pregnant was through IVF, which I am not so keen. I have been trying to find information about improving egg quality and AMH levels, but there is not that much.
I came across the product called Ovance on the website "advancedfertilitysolutions.com". The problem is that I cannot find any reviews in forums or anywhere else on the internet.I have sent an email asking for some scientific publication but I have heard nothing.
As anyone heard about anything about this or is just a scam?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:36 pm
I have not heard of it but 2 books that I found to be super informative about improving egg quality were it all starts with an egg and how to improve egg quality. Great read and info. I’ve started taking the recommended supplements myself. With the exception of DHEA I want to speak to my doc first and in Canada you need a prescription for this supplement. I’ve also spoken to a naturopath and she confirmed there is evidence that these supplements can improve egg quality and she also recommends the diet and supplements in the book. I feel like at this point nothing can hurt. Best of luck to you.
Strawberry11
Friend

Postby Emilykingston » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 am

My case is not any different from you. My IVF was also a failure. Surrogacy was the only option left. Therefore I decided to go for it. The doctors gave me supplements to start my surrogacy journey. I took them regularly. And since then I am waiting for the positive result. The clinic was really helping. They are friendly and reliable. It is based in Europe.
Emilykingston

Postby cindywoolfe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:34 am

Honey, this could still work. Don't lose hope, alright? Just make sure you choose the right clinic. There is one in Ukraine. They are really good! Just do your research before opting for a clinic. Oh, and avoid Adonis Clinic at all costs! This isn't much of an issue, good luck, hope it works out.
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janeen1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:05 am

Hey, honey. I hope you're okay. This isn't much of an issue. I have a friend who conceived with a really low reserve. Good luck to you! I really hope it happens. Sending baby dust your way.
Janeen1

Postby Kendell bling » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:13 am

I think the professional advice would be more appropriate. Consult a fertility clinic. They can advise you better. They will look at the history and everything. It is a tough decision. You should also consider options as well. Just in case IVF does not work.
Kendell bling

Postby beckybenson » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 am

Hey. I hope you are well. This is a pretty common situation. There nothing much that can be done here except for treating everything with extra care. It can get very risky. I hope those eggs work and you conceive soon. Just pray and hope for the best. You should choose a clinic that has a high success rate at such treatments. Good luck.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to General Infertility