What to say to the boss when off for appointments

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

What to say to the boss when off for appointments

Postby postivethinker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:02 am

Does anyone else work in a pretty much all Male environment and clearly need to be careful when going for appointments and checks ups etc ? What do you say when you need to go for appointments that are typically last minute? I manage all the blood tests and ultrasounds first thing before work where I can but the transfer and Op days are always very spontaneous and you can't plan for this and also being off 'sick' every month is also not ideal...

Would be good to hear your stories and how you deal with this. Clearly we are of the opinion we can't say anything about the IVF process as it is so early on and until you get that good pregnancy news it is all a bit under wraps and not really anyone's business.

Hard juggling act going on at the moment that is stressful and without the job there is no health care or insurance so it is tricky!
postivethinker
Friend

Re: What to say to the boss when off for appointments

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 pm

That's a tough one. I would maybe just inform your boss that you are dealing with some medical issues you don't wish to disclose but that certain appointments may come at short notice. I'd make sure to mention that you will make every effort to schedule what you can outside of work hours.
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: What to say to the boss when off for appointments

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 am

I believe you shoud tell your boss truth. Though i know you might feel uncomfortable with that. so that you'd more likely want to keep this secret in your family only. but unfortunately, you might get no luck with telling your boss you are sick every month or trying to find some more good excuses. This might bring more harm than telling him/her frankly you're having issues. I hope your boss will understand. If not - then at least you'd know you were frank and probably will have to look for another job some time later. (I truly hope this is not your case, but unfortunately this happens)
Wish you all the best with your coming appointments and treatments.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General Infertility