How to get follicles to grow!

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How to get follicles to grow!

Postby postivethinker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am

I have a few new follicles this month and have been for several blood tests and ultrasounds. I am back again to the clinic later in the week. I am on day 12-14 and the biggest follicle is 12mm and clearly it needs to be 16 or above for retrieval. I am on menopur 1 amp each day and also taking orgalutran to stop ovulation kicking in which it will do pretty soon I guess?! Last month I was on 4 Amp per day and only produced one follicle that eventually made it for retrieval but didn't fertilise overnight. This time I was told to start the meds later and it seems to be having a better result with more follicles but they are small, too small to remove at the moment.

I read that people recommend drinking lots of milk and eating certain things such as protein etc but does anyone have any real experience of this helping? Any tips would be welcomed. I have re-started drinking milk today (as I pretty much cut it out my diet several months ago ... long story). Anyway would appreciate any tips from anyone in similar situation.
postivethinker
Friend

Re: How to get follicles to grow!

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 am

This is what I was suggested when harvesting follies.
Balancing blood sugar amounts will support with hormonal regulation and power amounts. This requires minimizing high carbohydrates, the foodstuff which release glucose swiftly into the entire body. These consist of white sugar, biscuits, cakes, sugary beverages, way too a lot fruit, cereals, bread, pasta, caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
Try to: Consume a warm breakfast in one hour of waking up. If possible oats, quinoe and a boiled egg or two. Have protein with each and every meal. Do not skip foods.
Hope you'll get more answers soon. Good luck!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General Infertility