Sick Baby.. Maybe better than expected...Maybe worse

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Sick Baby.. Maybe better than expected...Maybe worse

Postby kaidanariko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Ok, so it 7 days to EDD, or 8 days till due (depending how you phrase it) and Damon is already verified sick.

They are thinking he has VACTERL
that stands for

V - Vertebrae problem -abnormally formed vertebrae, hemivertebrae, extra ribs, or sacral abnormalities.
A - Anal Anomalies and sometimes rectum problem. - there is no opening where the anus should be, called an imperforate anus; or fistulas between the rectum and urethra/vagina.
C - Cardiac problem - there may be a hole in the heart or a defective valve.
T - Trachea problem - there is a connection between the trachea and esophagus, called a tracheal esophageal fistula.
E - Esophagus problem - part of the esophagus is missing, called esophageal atresia.
R - Radius and/or Renal problem - the larger lower arm bone is abnormally formed, or a thumb is missing or absent or abnormally formed kidney.
L - Limb problem - there exists extra fingers or toes, shortened limbs, clubfoot.

As of what we know there are no vertebra issues seen. they cant tell till birth if he has an anal issue, but they were speculating that he has hypospadius which is where the urethra comes out the bottom of the penis through a slit, and not out the head, or top like normal, bu they dont think thatt theyres an issue now, but theyre not 100%. They dont see a cardiac issue. He either has a tracheo espohageal fistula type A B or C, and possibal esophogeal atresia A or B ( b and b are the same in either TEF or EA). he has a unilateral Radial deformity (his arm is shorter than normal, and missing the radius bone, ulna is curved, possible missing thumb or more fingers). or he may have an extra finger.

we are very concerned, and would appreciate any prayrs that he wll be ok. he will have surgery within the first week of his life, but we dont know how severe it is. he needs a full workup,and we are all terrified that he will be worse than they expected, but were praying that its better than anticipated

If you could keep us and baby Damon in your thoughts, and prayrs it will be greatly appreciated. i will try my hardest to post here when we know the severity of his issues. please please please pray for a healthy safe baby Damon
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mac8 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:57 am

...words cannot describe how very sorry I am for the whole situation. It breaks my heart to hear all of the things he may have when he is born. I will pray for you and the health of your little baby boy, and hope that it does indeed, turn out better then predicted. I send my heartfelt wishes to you and your family and hope for a safe delivery of your little man.

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
Me - 30 (unexplained infertility)
DH - 31
DS - 4 yrs
TTC#2 Oct 2010 (8 failed cycles)
Feb 2013 :angel: @ 6w3d
April IVF
Beta#1 - 622 (12dp5dt)
Beta#2 - 1238 (14dp5dt)
Beta#3 - 2303 (16dp5dt)
7w4d Twins
9w4d Baby A :hb: 166 Baby B :angel:

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end - Unknown
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it - Unknown
Mac8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kaidanariko » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 pm

thank you for the prayers.

he seems pretty camped out right now with no hints of labour. i hope to make and update here when we do know fully whats wrong, and whats right!
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby kaidanariko » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 pm

thank you for the prayers.

he seems pretty camped out right now with no hints of labour. i hope to make and update here when we do know fully whats wrong, and whats right!
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ashleykeeney » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:53 am

praying for u and ur angel!
ashleykeeney

Postby kaidanariko » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 am

well, shes gonee into labor, please keep him in your thoughts for a safe delivery.
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Dee2570 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Praying for you and your beautiful baby

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
Dee2570
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kaidanariko » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:55 pm

this is beyond a miracle!

HE DOSNT NEED SURGERY!!!!

they gave us almost a one in a million chance that he just didnt swallow any fluid, and that he wouldnt need surgery. well all of the first trimester there was spotting and no mucous plug. well they found it.

for whatever reason it devellopped in his esophagus, so he couldnt swallow. when he was born they took him for all the testing and suctioned him and hes breasfeedinging like a champ, and he can eat! all on his own, no tubees no surgery no nothing!

His arm is still kinda messed up, and theyre talking about amputating it above the elbow if it dosnt fix itself (he is missing his radius, his ulna is curved, his elbow bends in the opposite direction, and he only has his thumb and first two fingers) due to its odd angle if its not functional it may be more hazardous then usefull and snagging in things and may get dammaged, theyre waiting a while to see if it can be corrected, but they cant realy do anything with it till hes grown surgically, but we dont know. thats touch and go. other than that hes all there all 10 toes, and all...8 fingers....

even with his little ET thing going on we all love him to pieces, and even though he will have issues with math in school (comeon i have to joke about it....its too heavy not too) prognosis looks good!

thanks so much for all of your prayrs, im x-posting this in answered prayers!!
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Dee2570 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 am

:congrats:

Thats just the best news!!!

Wishing your little boy a long and wonderful life :balloons:
Dee2570
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kaidanariko » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:13 am

thankyou dec!
kaidanariko
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mac8 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:08 pm

That is such great news - breath a sigh of relief.
Hopefully he grows up a healthy and happy little boy

:praying: for forever happiness :)
Me - 30 (unexplained infertility)
DH - 31
DS - 4 yrs
TTC#2 Oct 2010 (8 failed cycles)
Feb 2013 :angel: @ 6w3d
April IVF
Beta#1 - 622 (12dp5dt)
Beta#2 - 1238 (14dp5dt)
Beta#3 - 2303 (16dp5dt)
7w4d Twins
9w4d Baby A :hb: 166 Baby B :angel:

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end - Unknown
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it - Unknown
Mac8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests