Still TTC but God did talk to me

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Still TTC but God did talk to me

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Today I had a revelation. I was reminded in this praises section that we can freely ask God for what we want as he has promised to grant it to us (see Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, and Matthew 18:19 just to name a few). Today I prayed just like Hannah did in the Bible. Poured it all out to him. Felt good just doing that (talking to Him) but I did ask for a child, to fall pregnant and raise a child (maybe two I said ).

Anyway, after I did that I switched on my itunes and I have a little playlist entitled "Worship Music". I started listening to some music and towards the end of one song (DC Talk I think lol) I asked God to pick a song on my list that mirrors the message that he wanted to give me for that day. It went silent and then the next "song" was the story of Ruth/Samuel/Hannah in the Bible (I have an audio Bible that I like to listen to whilst I do my chores - very soothing).

If any of you do not know the story of Hannah (which I am sure most of you do) she was a woman who basically did not have any children and back then that was a bad thing - you received flack for it etc). She used to pray to God that she would have a child and that if she did, she would turn him over to God (to the holymen).

She was granted a son by God who heard her prayer and because she had faith. He also gave her other sons too because she stuck to her promise.

Now I am not saying that God will make me PG this month, but I sooo believe it is coming one day. Of the hundreds of songs I had on my computer on that playlist he takes me to the story of Hannah!

Wow. Thank-you God for hearing me and speaking to me.
SimoneTTC

Postby TDarrow » Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 am

That is a great story. God is good and he works wonders. Praying for you to get you BFP really soon. God Bless!!
Me: DOB 8-1-77 DH: DOB 3-7-79
DS#1: Born 11-10-04 BF'd for 7 months
DS#2: Born 12-26-12 BF'd for a lil over 13 months :-)
I love my family!!
God Bless!!

TDarrow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby janellev » Wed May 23, 2012 12:03 pm

That is a wonderful testimony! I have been fasting and Praying every Monday since October and along with that I read the story of Hannah. It is very encouraging and I have been praying for what Hannah prayed for for months. I also know that day WILL come! It's just a matter of his timing. I'm not saying I don't want it soon (cause I do) but I know his timing is best!
janellev
Friend

Postby Jamster34 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:11 pm

AWSOME Story Hannah is a very encouraging verse. I remember when I had my third m/c a co-worker pointed me to some verses in the bible of women who thought they were barren only to have children way later on in life. I keep my faith in the lord that one day maybe once we are married in his eyes , will bless us with a family ! :D
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e5ddb]My Ovulation Char
Me: Jamie 36 DF: Rodney 46
TTC # 1 Since 2005
6 m/c
Married Finally July 13,2013
Tking :CoQ10 ,Prenatal w/DHA, Royal Jelly, Soy, Baby Asprin
Jamster34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby acceptgodslove » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 pm

This is such a beautiful post showing how amazing God truly is! You will be blessed soon. Keep your faith always. God IS ALWAYS listening and performing miracles!!!
Shannon (26) and Scott (28)
:angel2: 4w5d 11.16.11 ~ First IUI

11.07.12: Henry born at 25w2d weighing 2 lbs 2ozs. Please pray for him!

Facebook: Hope for Henry

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
acceptgodslove
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby all-cried-out » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:09 pm

I love reading about Hannah, and also pray as she did, I love reading about Abraham and Sarah too, but always pray that God doesnt make me wait till Im ninety.
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby iwantthissobadly » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:01 am

such a loverly post, i might have to try that one x
iwantthissobadly
Friend

Re: Still TTC but God did talk to me

Postby 35HopingForAtLeast3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:05 pm

WOW WOW WOW God is awsome!!!! Praise King Jesus. This is a miracle.
35HopingForAtLeast3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

Indeedy He is!
SimoneTTC

Postby dove0813 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I believe that was God showing you a sign that He will bless you with a child; it was His way of telling
you to keep believing; keep hoping; in His perfect timing it will come to pass.

I remember a couple of months right up to when i was TTC, I was praying for a baby, and I kept stumbling
across the story of Hannah in the bible, and praise God, I conceived right around that time!

God's given you His promise, and He confirmed it by leading you to hear the story of Hannah.

Don't you love the way God speaks to us? He speaks to us in so many ways.

P.S. you and i are due at almost the same time! - i'm due March 31, 2013
God bless!
dove0813

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests