Need some prayers/some support

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need some prayers/some support

Postby GennaTTC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi everyone...I just started my 3rd Ivf cycle this past Tuesday. Previously I've done 5 cycles of clomid, 1 double IUI cycle, a cancelled IVF cycle due to OHSS, an FET, and a fresh IVF cycle. I've had 3 chemical pregnancies. 1 with my first clomid cycle, and 2 with both my FET and my last fresh IVF cycle.

I'm asking for prayers and support because this IVF cycle is really critical. After my last failed cycle, my doctor did a work up of tests for implantation failure. I had 12 vials of blood drawn for various testing. Turns out I am + for MTHFR (a clotting disorder...you won't have proper blood supply to your uterus without blood thinners. This is a genetic mutation). And I had my karyotype done (chromosomes) and it came back that I was + for a balanced translocation of chromosome 5 and 10. Basically that means that part of my #5 and #10 chromosome's gene material broke off and switched positions. I will be healthy and have no issues, except infertility :cry: due to it. So in comes resuce PGD...or pre-genetic diagnosis. So with this IVF cycle, on day 3 my lab will draw out or biopsy the embryo and take one cell from each and send it to the genetic lab where they will determine which embryos are "normal" or ok to transfer by looking for my translocation. With balanced translocations, you have about an 85% chance that each egg is "unbalanaced" or has more/less gene material, therefore at fertilization, creating a mentally and/or physically challenged child. And more than likely those pregnancies will be miscarried. So the PGD testing eliminates that. If I have "normal" one/s come back, those will get transferred on day 5.

The problem is with my age at 34, the chance of getting even a couple "normal" embryos, is very slim...like 10% or less. Even my genetic counselor said its a crap shoot. I can have 5 normals, or I can have 0...its the luck of the draw. Percentages don't even really apply in this situation because everyone is different. My husband just turned 40, so after this, we are probably going to shelf all of the infertility treatments.

I just ask for prayers and support as I go through the next 2 weeks. If for some reason I have no "normals" to transfer, I have 2 frozen untested embryos that I will transfer. Who knows if those are good or bad.

So that's my story...just looking for some people to virtually hold my hand in the meantime. I've done yoga and acupuncture for the past 10 weeks trying to help relax and focus and its been wonderful. So I've got that going for me.

Thanks again :hb:
Me:35 (Genna) DH:41
Me: thin PCOS, homo MTHFR, balanced translocation 5;10 DH: normal
- No kids/TTC 2.5 years
- 5 losses: clomid/IVF/IVF+PGD, 1 natural loss November 2012
- Last IVF #4 with PGS January 2013: 4 chromosomally normal embryos-3 girls/1 boy
- FET 4/11
- Beta #1 9dp5dt: 209! I'm Pregnant OMG!!!!
- Beta #2 12dp5dt: 657! 42.97 hour doubling time!
- Beta #3 15dp5dt: 2311 39.68 hour doubling time!
GennaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emerald05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Genna, I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers!

I hope you get TONS of super healthy and strong embyros! :praying:
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
DH: 26; great swimmers
Married June 2009 & TTC #1 since June 2011
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orionslight » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:25 am

praying for you
Baby Ireland is here! 4-18-2014
Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl Artemis
Loss June 2016@ 13+5, baby boy