new here. . .need friends and prayers!

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

new here. . .need friends and prayers!

Postby hopeful29 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum but not to TTC or waiting for a child.

My husband and I have been married 11 1/2 years. We got married very young and had many rocky years. For a while we were neither ready for children. In my early twenties I began wanting to try but my husband was not ready and told me he never wanted kids. Ever. Period. End of conversation. Our relationship was getting worse, not better and I felt very hopeless about our future. But with God's strength and guidance and faith, and our mutual hardheadedness, we made it through!

In the fall of 2011, we had an unexpected loss of a family member and my husband's heart softened towards to idea of having children. I was so thankful for the change and just assumed I would get off birth control and be pregnant in no time.
Needless to say, that hasnt been the case. Here I am 13 months later without getting pregnant.

I believe in God's will and plan for my life but i'm just struggling right now. Got my monthly notice today, that once again its not time. I have a lot of friends who are currently pregnant, have no trouble getting pregnant, or have all their children already. Not all my friends know what im struggling with, but i feel like the ones who do, dont really ask how im doing or think about how i feel when we are talking. When we (me and 4 friends) walked today the whole conversation (for almost 1 hr) revolved around pregnancy, babies and children. I just wanted to scream and cry.

Im so thankful for my wonderful husband. But i need some friends, prayers and support to help me through.
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: new here. . .need friends and prayers!

Postby SarahV27 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Aw! I will be praying for you! I hope your friends will be more sensitive and that you are able to truly rejoice with them for their kids because you have one of your own very, very soon!
SarahV27

Postby jeremiah29:11 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 am

Hello Hopeful29,

I am here for you and sending up prayers, I have not been married yet but do know the feeling of desiring children with someone you love and been with for a while and just can't. I am 25 and my life is in order been dating my love for about 4 years now, and desiring a child. He has 3 year old son, and they both interact with me and include me, but it doesn't feel the same. When I watch him play with his boy I want that same joy. I have not been trying as long as you only a few months now and do believe in November I had a miscarriage early on (there was alot of blood and pain); however just like you I thought once I get off BC I would be pregnant in no time. still waiting... I was hopefully just recently, B/C my AF was 3 days late, but long and behold she came yesterday (my heart dropped and I cried and just began praying). I went to get my hair done yesterday and wow, my hair dresser was pregnant and ready to deliver, every time she rubbed her belly against me (accidentally) I got so sad.. a bit jealous. at my night job there is a girl who just happen to get pregnant and is now 7 months, but this was by chance she was being irresponsible, then another coworker was all excited B/C she too just found out she was 3 months (in my head I am like what in the world) she wasn't trying either, she has endometriosis :( two of my other girlfriends just delivered healthy babies this past holiday and aren't married but engaged... last weekend I just came from a baby shower, then I have another very irresponsible girlfriend just have her 3rd child, the 2nd and 3rd are a year apart and the first is 8 years old. she was BC too, the father is a dead beat and she is not working just using Govt money. I got so mad and frustrated B/C here I am wanting that and other (my friends) are taking their children for granted, many of my GF have kids and some multiple... you know when I speak of children all they do is say wait , don't worry your time is coming, trust me don't rush it, stop talking foolish. :omg:

I am like you when I say I cried from hearing all the happy talk and seeing it on FB every mother talking about how precious their children are and regardless of the struggle how happy they are. I must say it all overwhelmed me and I was depressed and cried... my sister in law got pregnant only within a month of being off her BC and I was hoping the same would happen in my case, but still nothing yet. So please stay in prayer, keep your head up... sad to say as every one does but our time is coming!!!!! I pray it happens soon, I pray for yours to happen this month sweetheart, please let me know how things go! I am here to support you and I understand the sadness with dealing with friends around that just don't understand!! Prayers lifted for our angels to come!!! I know we will be great mothers, being we want them so bad!!! :wink:

~Jeremiah 29:11~
jeremiah29:11

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Sending prayers to you that you get support from your friends, and more importantly a quick BFP!
maddy

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests