Unique, and looking for support

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Unique, and looking for support

Postby queenypink » Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 am

Hello ladies (and gents?)! This is my very first post, though I have been a regular stalker for months - maybe even years.

My story is unique. Quick word of warning, this may be a lengthy post.

I am just shy of 30, and DF is 34. We have been together for 3.5 years, and our wedding is just around the corner, scheduled for the end of September. We have been not trying but allowing and kinda sorta trying without calling it trying for about 15/16 months now to get pregnant. My story is unique because I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and treated with surgery approximately a year and a half ago. What a horrendously scary time in our lives that was. We were told about this fairly new surgery that just takes out a chunk of the affected cervix, leaving me with minimal... and I mean minimal cervix, and a permanent circlage to keep all my bits in place ;) This surgery is fertility preserving - I was so young when I was diagnosed, never pregnant before, and now wanting a family more than ever.

The surgery was a success, and my tests have been clear since.

Immediately afterwards, my cycle shifted. I am on a 29-33 day cycle, and the annoying part is that I spot EVERY cycle 5-10 days BEFORE my period starts. It's nasty - usually really dark brown. Sometimes sorta clotty (TMI, sorry), but pretty gross and a reminder that things are just... weird for me. I can't imagine getting pregnant with so much spotting before. My body temperature is always so cold too... much lower that it should be, and I know it's not ideal for baby-growing.

As mentioned, we've been trying for over a year, and no luck so far. AF shows her nasty face each month and it's so disappointing. My family has been awesome. Even my grandmother told me that if pregnancy is not in my future, I have the greatest gift, which is being alive. She's right, and I need to remind myself of that often.

I guess what I'm looking for is a prayer. I don't even know what for. If I got pregnant right now, it may not be the best thing for DF's and our wedding. Well, it would actually be very bad timing, because my pregnancy (if it happens) is going to be spent on bedrest... which means our wedding in only a few months.... well, we'll have some thinking to do.

I just want to know that God will help me when I'm ready, and when He feels I'm ready. I recently lost my grandfather to cancer too... He is incredibly traditional. I feel like he wants me to wait until I'm married and then have a baby... more along the traditional path. I feel like he will help spread the word after our wedding.

I'm here because I just could use a little pick me up, support, or motivation. I just need to hear that everything happens for a reason, and that God is always listening. I believe in miracles. Truly. I just need to continually remind myself that God has a plan, and to trust in him. My prayer is not to get pregnant this second! My prayer is that I will get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy when the time is right.

Thanks for listening. Good luck to you all - this site has been so beneficial for me, and I'm looking forward to posting my own BFP story (hopefully the month after my wedding! Haha).
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range
DH: 38 Yrs. SA came back low-ish
Official Dx: Unexplained

Five unmedicated IUI's - All Neg.
| 29.03.14 | 29.04.14 | 23.06.14 | 22.07.14 | 19.08.14 |

IVF #1: Baseline Mar 17/15
ER Mar 30th -- 15 eggies collected, 13 mature, 10 fertilized naturally
ET Apr 4th -- 4AA Blastocyst Embaby <3
6 perfect frosty day 6 blasts/expanded blasts

BFP at 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt Apr 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt Apr 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt Apr 24th - 8337
DD born Oct '15 at 32wks gest. She's perfect!

FET #1: May 2/17 BFN
FET #2: June 6/17

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Unique, and looking for support

Postby Wanabamommy » Sun May 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi queeny!! Everything does happen for a reason and when you are ready he will bless you one way or another..
I hope this story helps you: when my sister was 22 she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and had to have a large part of it removed. The doc told her that if she wants to carry a child to do it now or it'll never happen.. She took the docs advice and got pregnant pretty much right way.. Fast forward 10 years- she has a total of 3 kids, no complications.. :) I feel it'll happen for you!! Good luck and congrats on you upcoming wedding!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
3/2013- first cycle 50mg clomid, prenatals, opks, hpts
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

My chart: http://FertilityFriend.com/home/451e14
Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby queenypink » Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Wanabamommy - You made my day, and definitely put a smile on my face. The story of your sister definitely helped, and gave me some nice insight! Did she have her surgery prior to having her children, or before? I'm very interested, as it sounds very similar to my situation.

Thanks for the well wishes, and your right. I need to focus on one thing at a time - our upcoming wedding!!!

God has blessed me in countless ways, and I'm grateful every day.

Good luck to you!!! :)
Me: 33 Yrs. Cervical cancer SURVIVOR! Treated w/radical trachelectomy, lymphadenectomy & circlage. Sucky FSH (12) & AMH w/in the normal/low range
DH: 38 Yrs. SA came back low-ish
Official Dx: Unexplained

Five unmedicated IUI's - All Neg.
| 29.03.14 | 29.04.14 | 23.06.14 | 22.07.14 | 19.08.14 |

IVF #1: Baseline Mar 17/15
ER Mar 30th -- 15 eggies collected, 13 mature, 10 fertilized naturally
ET Apr 4th -- 4AA Blastocyst Embaby <3
6 perfect frosty day 6 blasts/expanded blasts

BFP at 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt April 14th - 179
Beta #2 12dp5dt Apr 16th - 519
Beta #3 16dp5dt Apr 20th - 2698
Beta #4 20dp5dt Apr 24th - 8337
DD born Oct '15 at 32wks gest. She's perfect!

FET #1: May 2/17 BFN
FET #2: June 6/17

BFP 8dp5dt
Beta 10dp5dt - 498
Beta 12dp5dt - 1473
Beta 19dp5dt - 11 430
queenypink
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Wanabamommy » Wed May 29, 2013 1:45 pm

I believe the surgery was before all three but if not she still had 2 after.. Glad it helps!! Thank you and good luck to you!! :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
3/2013- first cycle 50mg clomid, prenatals, opks, hpts
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

My chart: http://FertilityFriend.com/home/451e14
Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests