New here...I just need reassurance

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here...I just need reassurance

Postby msbettybea » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't really have anyone to talk to about this, so I guess I could just use ears or maybe a friend. We've been trying to conceive for a year and a half. Our insurance requires a referral to see a fertility doctor, and I have had nothing but headache trying to get that referral. First I was told quit smoking, which I did. Then I was told well, good for you but you have to be nicotine free SIX MONTHS before you can see fertility. Meanwhile, my primary care doc had been treating me for 8 months at that point, so that would have been nice to know earlier! Especially since he knew that I have PCOS and would need to be sent to fertility.
Now that I've been tobacco free since November (proud of me for that, I quit cold turkey and no relapses!) my new primary doc is saying well I want to see you again before I will refer you...even though we've had conversations and she's said at my 6 month tobacco mark she'd send me to fertility. I am at my wits end, I can't see her until the 24th, and I've been pretty much crying all day. I'm at the point where I just want to order clomid online and get on with it! I don't really have anyone to talk to about this, just venting here makes me feel a bit better. I just wish there was someone I knew who could understand what I'm going through! People thin they're being nice when they say "well it'll happen when you stop trying!" or "well look at me, they told me I couldn't have kids and I did without any drugs!" but that just doesn't help at all and makes me feel worse. UGH!
msbettybea

Re: New here...I just need reassurance

Postby JLG80 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am

I hear you. It can be a heartbreaking & disappointing journey. I saw a post on Pinterest, that said, "telling people with infertility to just relax and it will happen, is like telling a person with cancer or diabetes to relax and they will be cured." Lots of people just don't get it. I am sure they are trying to be supportive, but it just makes you feel worse. Good for you for taking steps towards getting healthier. I think sometimes even the dr.'s don't think about the frustration of time when you have been trying so long. I have been trying for #1 for a year now. I think you will find this site as a good resource and support; I definitely have. Hang in there.
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Dx PCOS, Rx metformin July 2014
Lap 8/14/14
9/14-Clomid, Ovidrel, & timed BD -1follicle: BFN
10/20/14 IUI #1 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1follicle: BFN
12/8/14 IUI #2 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2follicles: BFN
1/10/15 IUI #3 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1 follicle: BFN
2/6/15 IUI #4 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2 follicles: BFN
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Baseline scheduled 7/17/15.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
1 blastocyst transferred 8/7/15, 3 frozen.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
9/3/15 ultrasound ❤️ 118bpm
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SRedding » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 pm

I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. I just want you to know that there are people out there who feel the very same as you do and totally understand how those comments people make can just ruin your day! It also drives me crazy when ppl complain about "infertility" when they have been trying for 3-4 cycles. It makes me so mad. I know it shouldn't but its hard to empathize. Anyway, great job quitting smoking! Your a rockstar. I am attempting to take herbal remedies this month to increase my odds as the first round of clomid was a bust and made me mad. Ill let you know how the natural herbs go!
TTC #1 for 18 cycles, 10 very hard core
Husband has low sperm count
SRedding
Friend

Postby JLG80 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm

I would be interested in hearing what you are doing /using with herbal remedies. I am currently in a medicinal herb class, and would like to try something more natural. I am scheduled to try Clomid first round this cycle.
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Dx PCOS, Rx metformin July 2014
Lap 8/14/14
9/14-Clomid, Ovidrel, & timed BD -1follicle: BFN
10/20/14 IUI #1 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1follicle: BFN
12/8/14 IUI #2 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2follicles: BFN
1/10/15 IUI #3 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1 follicle: BFN
2/6/15 IUI #4 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2 follicles: BFN
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Baseline scheduled 7/17/15.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
1 blastocyst transferred 8/7/15, 3 frozen.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
9/3/15 ultrasound ❤️ 118bpm
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby susieque64 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

I will be praying for you.
Psalm 37:4
New King James Version (NKJV)
--Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.-- :)
susieque64
Friend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests