TTC for 5 cycles - hit the wall, need a little support

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC for 5 cycles - hit the wall, need a little support

Postby NarcissaLuna » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:29 am

Hi. I don't want to burden people with my problems, as I know there are people who have been ttc for a lot longer than we have, but today I have kind of hit the wall and I'm really weepy.

I'm 28, my husband is 33, and we've been ttc since February when I had the Mirena coil removed. Since we started trying, three of my friends have gotten pregnant, including my best friend, who got pregnant in her first cycle of trying. I am really happy for my friend but in a way I am starting to feel like there is something wrong with us as a couple, as we have been trying for five times as long with zero results.

Today I am 12dpo, I've had three BFNs since Saturday, and AF hasn't showed up yet but I know she's coming. I had really felt like this month could have been our month, and now it looks like we're out.

We have a lot of blessings - we are both young and healthy, employed, and we're in the process of buying a house, but there is nothing I want more than to be pregnant and part of me would give up everything we have to achieve it. I have always worked very hard to get the things I want. I believe that good things happen to myself and my husband because we work hard for them. I am not religious but I am spiritual, and I believe that good things happen to good people at the right time. TTC has been very difficult for me emotionally as it's mainly down to luck and timing rather than perseverance.

I would love to hear tips and tricks for getting through the hard months; also success stories from people who took a while to conceive, and reassurances that we are not wasting our time and that we will get there eventually.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I hope you are all feeling okay about your TTC plans and that it happens soon for all of you.
NarcissaLuna
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC for 5 cycles - hit the wall, need a little support

Postby Leezie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Doesn't matter if it's you're first month trying or your 40th, disappointment is disappointment, no need to feel guilty over it not being as long as someone else's.

Frankly I go on the notion, it's not over until the witch shows, but I definitely understand the feeling of already being out. I was feeling that prior to o and today it's been a roller-coaster of I'm so excited for pregnancy, to it's never going to happen, to I'm so happy to see you're pregnant but at the same time sad that I may not be.

It can take a while after getting the coil removed, or it could take No time at all, it's really a case to case basis. I got off the pill in March and am crossing my fingers that this will be the cycle. Not only does it vary person to person but it also varies pregnancy to pregnancy because I got pregnant with my dd while on birthcontrol and missing a couple of pills, you just never know.

But keep your chin up, you're buying a house and that's such an exciting experience, you'll have a beautiful new place for a beautiful new baby.

I have no tricks to making the time pass, I'm suffering from it as well, no matter how much I try to busy myself I always seem to come back to what cd I'm on, what does my chart look like again, should we have bd more etc.
really it's a four week wait, two for ovulation (if you're lucky) and two until AF is due.

Keep us updated!
Me - 27 DF - 22
DD 4
BFP on August 18th!! (6 cycles of ttc) EDD April 25th

My Ovulation Chart
Leezie
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kitsapgirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am

I definitely feel your pain. My friend got pregnant her first month too, and here we are 13 months later, and nothing. At this point you still have a long way to go before you can get any testing done, so just do what you can. Eat right, exercise, both of you should be taking fertility vitamins. It's not easy, and it certainly doesn't get any easier, but I try not to think about it as much as possible. I don't POAS unless AF is at least 1 day late. It's just too much to see the BFN. Try not to symptom check too, which can be maddening. Good luck, and hopefully you will get your BFP soon!!!!
Me- 32
DH-31
2 wonderful fur babies!
TTC since June 3, 2013
Currently undergoing fertility testing- DH extremely low motility, me- possibly blocked left tube (but RE is more concerned about motility right now)

Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1370235600z27z1z0z1z4z5z0z5-7-1-0.png[/img][/url]
kitsapgirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pumpkinseed » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:25 pm

I can empathize. I'm sorry you are having a tough time, TTC is tough with all the emotions that go along with it. We are on cycle #5 and I'm really hoping this month is it, but I am also in the spot, where I feel like it will never happen for us. A friend of ours just announced a pregnancy, so I know how hard it is.

In the grand scheme of things, it is still not that long, but while you're in the thick of it, it doesn't feel that way.

I have been focusing on every symptom, which cycle day it is, when can I test…all while trying not to get my hopes up - lol.

Hoping you get your wish sooner than later.

Congrats on the new house…hopefully the move (packing, unpacking, setting up new house) will keep your mind busy.
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NarcissaLuna » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:06 am

Sorry I haven't replied to comments. I've been finding it really tough and looking at TTC things seemed to be making it worse for a while. We're on ten cycles TTC now. Since we started trying, about five of my friends have either got pregnant or had a baby. It's extremely frustrating and it's putting a strain on our marriage. We're currently working through some issues surrounding pressure to perform/fear of failure, and I think we're doing pretty well at working through our issues. My husband feels he's letting me down if we don't BD at the right times, and when we do, he's convinced he's infertile. I feel I'm always nagging my husband to BD, and when we don't at the right time, I want to give up. The good thing is we are communicating more now. We both keep different sleep schedules, and this means we want to BD at different times, but we seem to have more of an idea of a routine we can use now. We're both extremely stressed and fairly depressed, and this makes it harder to conceive. We now have our new house all set up, and a lovely cat, and a wee baby would just make it perfect. If we haven't conceived by February, I'm going to the doctor to ask to be tested for fertility problems. Thanks for all the lovely comments, they really have reassured me we're not the only ones having trouble. :) x
NarcissaLuna
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests