New to TTC and worried

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to TTC and worried

Postby Morgan25 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 am

Hi!

I am 25 and DH and I have been married for about a year and 4 months. DH and I just started TTC last month. In May I had an abnormal pap smear and then had a colposcopy done at the end of June which showed I had CINIII Cervical Dysplasia. I was shocked, but I had a successful LEEP done at the end of July. Before all this took place, DH and I decided we wanted to start trying but didn't have a set date in mind. After this, I decided I wanted to go ahead and start TTC because I am afraid the dysplasia will come back and I will have to have another LEEP which will up the chance of miscarriage even more. I went off birth control at the end of August and have been tracking ovulation through the Ovia app (which has been awesome). I had read online that some people don't ovulate or get their period after immediately after starting birth control so I feel lucky that i have done both. I Know I ovulated on day 16 of my cycle (I had terrible cramps on my right side) and my luteal phase lasted 11 days. My period started today. My whole cycle ended up being 27 days which is good to know since I had taken birth control since I was 16 so i had no idea what it was going to be like. I am dissapointed it didn't happen this month, but I know its only the first month trying. This month I am using the app, a clearblue fertility monitor, and opt test strips. I'm kinda an over-planner so tracking my fertility all these ways makes me feel better. I'm just super worried that the LEEP may have affected my ability to conceive or will cause me to have a miscarriage if I do. I am also really impatient and like to think if you work hard at something you will achieve your goal, but I know pregnancy just isn't like that, no matter how much you want it that month. I need prayer to help get me through these worries and stress. I do believe that God will bless us in his own time, it's just hard sometimes.
Morgan25
Friend

Re: New to TTC and worried

Postby isis0228 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Morgan Im new at TTcig as well and had an abnormal pap in May as well. Mild dysplasia CIN1 no leep, just a biopsy so far, hopefully it goes away on its own. We had stopped ttc at the moment we are planning our wedding! So that is taking our minds off of it, but in my case i got of BC in Nov last year had periods normal up until march/april where i got nothing and thought i was prego, but with my annual in may the blood work confirmed it was neg as well. Thats when i got my abnormal pap and put on provera to induce my period. that only helped for about 3 months then nothing for the last 2 now. No idea what is going on with my both either so frustrating even though im not "trying" were not preventing either. Why cant we just go back to normal after BC?! Hopefully your Dr can help you out about not getting yours. Im still working on whats up with my as well.

take care!
its a...BOY!!!Due Oct 30th! :)

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests