TTC for 1+ year, need prayers for good new this Christmas!

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC for 1+ year, need prayers for good new this Christmas!

Postby abbyttc#1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi All,
I'm brand new to the site, and hoping that joining will help with the emotional difficulties of TTC. Quick backstory, I am 31 (will be 32 in less than 1 month) and my husband (also 31) have been TTC for over 1 year now. 16 months actually to be exact. Back in August I went to my GP to get referred to a better OB. We had some tests done for both my DH and myself. DH's counts came back normal. On the low end of normal, but still within a normal range. I had an U/S to make sure everything looked good. They found that I have a retroflexed (tilted backwards) uterus, and noticed what they thought were follicles on my ovaries. My OB said it's likely those were cysts and that I have PCO, even though I don't have PCOS which actually runs in my family (to my knowledge at least 1 aunt and my sister have it). Back in September, I started my 1st round of Clomid 50mg (for anyone that doesn't know, though I'm sure most if not all of you do), that's basically to help stimulate ovulation. No success that month. No success in October either. Finally got the dosage increased to 100mg this month and had another U/S to see how/if it's working. Got the results yesterday and they said my rt ovary looked great, left one had lots of follicles but they were very small. I kind of expected this, based on how my body has reacted to the Clomid. Basically I have a properly functioning rt ovary and a low to non-functioning left ovary.

Sorry to bore you with the details!!!! What I'm asking for is as many prayers coming our way as possible. This has been a difficult year for us between TTC and the loss of 3 grandparents, my cousin, a family friend and our niece and nephew, as my SIL gave birth to twins at 21 weeks that did not survive. Our families (and us) need something happy to celebrate and we are hoping that we get good news this Christmas! I'm in my fertile window now, so the more prayers we can get, the better. Please wrap us and our families in your prayers and send positive pregnancy thoughts our way!!! I will do the same for each and every one of you.

Much love,
Abby
abbyttc#1
Friend

Re: TTC for 1+ year, need prayers for good new this Christma

Postby Kim82 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with you!!
TTC since Early 2011
Both 32 are good..unexplained infertility
IUI #1 10.20.13 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFP to m/c week 6
IUI #2 12.23.13 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFN (tested & AF arrived)
IUI #3 1.27.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFP. Went to dr. And found hcg over 12k. After ultrasound found 8 week ectopic (surgery and removal of tube) :(
IUI #4 5.16.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFN!
IUI #5 8.8.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... Ovidrel shot on 8.7.14 - BFN
IVF round #1 - BFN (Got 7 embies frozen!)
IVF round #2 - FET - two d3 tranferred on 12/10... BFP 12/23 - Beta #1: 59, 12/26 - Beta #2: 115, Beta #3: 44 m/c :*(
IVF round #3 - FET - two d3 B's transferred on 3/17... BFP! (Beta #1: 490, Beta #2: 994, Beta #3: 4,690!) Heartrate of 119 bpm at 6w3d!
Kim82
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby abbyttc#1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:50 am

Thank you so much Kim82! Thinking of and praying for you as well!
abbyttc#1
Friend

Postby AmyT123 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I really hope this is your month! I am currently going through the IUI process and am also on clomid, although I do a trigger shot to time ovulation for the IUI. I have had 3 ultrasounds prior to each IUI (first one worked, second did not) and each month one ovary was the dominant one with the larger follicles. My doctor does not seem concerned that one side seems to "grow" while the other doesn't - sometimes the right ones does the work and other times the left one does. I just wanted to reassure you that it is definitely possible to get pregnant and have a baby with a dominant ovary.

Fingers crossed and prayers for you and your family!
2011 - 150mg clomid, ovidrel, IUI - BFP
- daughter born August 2011

Nov 2014 - 100mg clomid, ovidrel, IUI - BFN
Dec 2014 - 100mg clomid, ovidrel, IUI - BFN
AmyT123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby abbyttc#1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:30 am

Thank you so much Amy! It's always comforting to know that other people have the same "issues" as myself. I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Happy thoughts!!!
abbyttc#1
Friend

Postby abbyttc#1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Hey there ladies, me again. Just wondering your thoughts on this. So, my fertile window was last week, DH and I BD every other day as ordered by the Dr. For any of you that have been on Clomid, did you have any soreness in the ovary area after BD? This was the first month my dosage was increased from 50mg to 100mg and I'm wondering if this could be a sign or if it's just effects from the medicine? Other signs, very slight nasuea and sensitivity to smell, though nothing debilitating. I've been having a really hard time falling asleep and for a few DPO frequent urination as well. I know it's probably too early to tell but just wondered if anyone has any ideas or if this is a normal reaction to this dosage of Clomid. Trying to remain realistic!
abbyttc#1
Friend

Postby abbyttc#1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:22 am

Just an update for anyone who is interested...no AF on 12.24 - test BFN, no AF 12.25 - test BFN, AF came 12.26 3 days late. :cry: Really thought this was going to be the month. Since this was our 3rd round of Clomid, my OB said we need to refer to an REI, so on 12.26 I called the Fertility Center here and made an appointment for the 12th. This is after my fertile window so luckily my OB was ok with writing me a prescription for Clomid again while we wait for the appointment. Good luck to everyone out there and keep us in your prayers!!
abbyttc#1
Friend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests