Just need a quick prayer

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just need a quick prayer

Postby rakeith » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Hey ladies. I have been reading many of these stories and I know that I don't have it as bad as other women and my heart aches for each and every one of them. But if you could send a quick prayer my way I would be ever grateful. My husband and I have been TTC #1 for a year now with no luck. I have yet to have a period on my own. I've had 3 periods but all brought on by Provera. I did alot of doctoring when my prolactin levels were found very high but we could never find a reason. I have recently been diagnosed with macroptolactinemia but have been assured that it shouldn't be causing my absent periods. My true prolactin levels are normal. The doctors said that everything with my husband and me is healthy and perfect for conceiving a healthy baby but we're just waiting for my periods to return. I work at a daycare and see many of my parents getting pregnant and having wonderful families. I have such a hard time seeing my friends getting knocked up and not wanting their babies. It has been such an up and down year just waiting for my period to come,
getting teased with cramps and acne but nothing showing up. Prayers and baby dust to everyone! May all our sorrows and frustrations be comforted. Thank you for reading.
rakeith
Friend

Re: Just need a quick prayer

Postby Nick02 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:26 pm

**praying for you**
Nick02
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Leilani1984 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:05 am

I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Everybody just has a different journey. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. It hurts when you are left in the dark and have to wait. I've been ttc since oct 2012. I am already blessed with 2 older kids, but dh doesn't have any. I'll be praying for you! Keep your faith strong, even when it seems hopeless. Last cycle I prayed, and prayed. We didn't conceive, but it was the first cycle I didn't ball my head off. I actually have peace in my heart and strength to take in another cycle. You are strong and will get through this. Take control and be informed. When it wasn't happening for dh and I, I googled EVERYTHING under the sun that had to do with low sperm count. I came across fertilaid, and even though I'm not pregnant yet, I know I will be. Find what works or you, and don't stop until you find it. If provera works, which a lot of women here have used then do that. I hope other women who have been in your shoes read your post and can give you a straight answer as to what worked for them. I'll do some research on your condition and see what I find! :hugs:
Me:32 DH:40 DS:15 DD:12
Ttc my 3rd, DH's 1st since Oct. 2012
DH's SA= TERRIBLE, taking vitamins and Clomid

Hsg: 10/2015 Tubes Clear!
BFP! 11/21/2015 after 37 cycles ttc, 1st cycle after HSG
Angel: 11/30/2015

Lap: 7/2016 found NOTHING wrong
Now taking Clomid 3-7 50mg, mucinex, grapefruit juice, soft cups, and folic acid. Cmon sticky BFP!

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4bc191/ ... %5B/url%5D
Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rakeith » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:46 am

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have been doing so much research on TTC after birth control and pregnancy symptoms and anything I could think of. But seeing only a single line on my pregnancy tests keeps reconfirming that there's nothing there. I even had suspected implantation bleeding and got a blood test but it was all negative. I was suggested to lose 5-10 pounds to help jump-start my system. I have lost near 20 pounds and still no period in sight. I'm taking vitamin C supplements to get my period to come since its been 3 months since my last one. I'm really hoping it works. My husband's sperm are good. My uterus and overall health is optimal for conceiving. Just waiting for that darn aunt flo to get regular again. We painted the nursery a while back and I picked up a few things on rummage sales in anticipation that we would get pregnant right away. Now the room sits empty and untouched. My periods were normal before I started birth control and I was only on it for 1.5 years. This is so overwhelming and frustrating! Everyone who knows about it says "hey atleast you're getting lots of practice! ;) haha" but the practice is getting frustrating when we both have such heavy hearts. I pray that things turn around for both of us soon!
rakeith
Friend

Postby Leilani1984 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:41 am

Yes that's a very frustrating situation! Congratulations on the weightloss! From what I've researched, other than not having a period, macro (short spell lol) shouldn't play a roll in becoming pregnant. Atleast not from what I've read. Have you seen an RE? There's all kinds of supplements that women around here take to regulate hormones like vitex, b12, ect. Do you bbt? Maybe you aren't getting AF because you don't O. Have you tried clomid?

Now taking Clomid 3-7 50mg, mucinex, grapefruit juice, soft cups, and folic acid. Cmon sticky BFP!

Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rakeith » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:25 am

We were considering trying Clomid but we wanted to get my prolactin stuff cleared away first. I have not done BBT. I'm waiting for my next doctor appointment in May. I know this sounds horrible but I was actually kinda upset when we found out there was no tumor on my pituitary gland. The endocrinologist was 90% certain that was the cause of my absent periods. We were going to start meds that would shrink it and start my cycle back in 2 weeks. But when the MRI came back negative and we found out I just have macroprolactinemia I was frustrated. Happy that there was nothing there but upset because that was going to be the answer to everything. i was going to get my cycles back and we could've gotten pregnant within a month after! But now we're back to square 1 and waiting with bated breath. It just feels like one sock in the gut after another.
rakeith
Friend

Postby Leilani1984 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 am

I totally understand when you say you were hoping it was a tumor. Then you would know for certain what's causing this and have a plan of action. It's the unknown that's frustrating. I would def start bbt. It will show your doctor all kinds of things. Like, if you are even ovulating and higher or lower than normal temps could indicate different things. Fertility Friend is awesome and free! Just make sure you take your temp at the same time every morning with an actual thermometer used for bbt. I bought mine for like $8 at Riteaid (drugstore). I'll be praying for you! Stay strong and I have complete faith that the dr will identify the problem an you will get your rainbow!

Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefknow » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:39 am

Pray for you! And hope everything for you will just be fine!
stefknow
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests