Feeling guilty

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Feeling guilty

Postby DaAdorableOne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:14 pm

So I just found out 2 of my sister's are pregnant, they are both younger and neither were trying. One is 25 and got lucky at a routine Dr. appt and found out she is pregnant before the first month was out. The other is 20 and 12 weeks along (just found that one out today).

Meanwhile I have been dealing with PCOS and trying to get my body to behave properly for years, to no avail. It's maddening! I don't want wish them anything but a happiness and a healthy baby but man this hurts so much. I feel like crying all the time. The only good thing to come out of this is my partner and I have started talking about TTC seriously now. We were, not not trying before, but now he is looking with me at fertility aids and telling me to get ovu kits and such. He even mentioned wanting to get tested to make sure everything is green on his end.

I don't know if its easier or harder to deal with right now when I am actually having nearly monthly cycles. If I knew for sure I was ovulating it might make it easier but as of right not I have no idea.

Anyone care to explain to me how ovulation predictors work? Do you use a strip everyday of the month? Do I chart and use it only when my "estimated fertility week" is occuring?
Struggling with PCOS and TTC.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 30
Him: 25
TTC #1 "officially" since Feb 2015
----------
On Progesterone cream and inositol for PCOS
DaAdorableOne

Re: Feeling guilty

Postby Danaa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Depending on how long are your periods,if they are regular 28 days you start taking them since cd10 maybe 2-3times a day so you won't miss your surge,in order for the test to be considered positive the test line has to be the same color or darker then the control line!Good Luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Little_Bits » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 am

If you are struggling with PCOS, I would suggest temping to confirm ovulation. OPKs can be expensive if you have long cycles, but temping (after you buy the thermometer) is free. As long as you can stick to one time in the morning and temp the same way every time, it becomes easy and routine - it looks like you might have been temping before but stopped? I can see a few temps on one of your charts but not the most recent one. As someone with PCOS, I am always relieved to see that I have O'd, and temps or an ultrasound are the only two ways to confirm. With PCOS, you might have + OPKs several times as your body gears up to ovulate, but you might not actually ovulate. Did you say you have almost normal length cycles? That's really good if you do! I use CM (either wet or EW) as a sign to BD every other day until it stops, because OPKs were just too frustrating.

On a side note, I totally understand how you feel about everyone else just falling pregnant so easily. A few days ago there were THREE pregnancy announcements on my Facebook feed. I got angry, and jealous, then depressed, then moved on. I have to keep reminding myself there isn't a certain amount of babies allowed to be born every year. Just because they get one doesn't mean I won't, although it certainly feels that way. Sometimes you just have to let yourself feel what you feel and try not to let it consume you.
Me: 28, mild PCOS, history of large cysts that rupture, stage 1 endometriosis resulting in severe abdominal pain, lap to remove endo and adhesions (4/28), HSG shows clear tubes.
Clomid 50mg (6/15) - no response
Clomid 100mg (8/15) - scan shows ONE follicle!!
DH: 34, perfect in every way
TTC since August 2014
First ever BFP October 22!! :bfp:

http://wishingformyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

My Ovulation Chart
Little_Bits
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DaAdorableOne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 pm

I don't have a 28 day cycle, its not regular at all.

I was temping before, but my thermometer got lost when I moved. Do the OPKs just test for a progesterone surge? My cycles aren't normal length, I meant that I am actually having cycles. I used to go 12-18 months with AF. Now my cycles seem to go between 28-51 days, but I have only been tracking them since Sept 2014 and in that time have had 7 cycles.

My Ovulation Chart

----------
DaAdorableOne

Postby Danaa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Opk's detect LH not progesterone!I love temping and you should start again if your cycles are irregular it will help!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DaAdorableOne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:08 pm

I am trying to find a basal thermometer, can't seem to find one.

My Ovulation Chart

----------
DaAdorableOne

Postby Danaa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I use a digital one and it works for me pretty good,you can find some on amazon or ebay
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Little_Bits » Fri May 01, 2015 6:03 am

Danaa is right - it is super easy to find a BBT thermometer on Amazon or ebay. I think mine cost about $10, which was nothing compared to the knowledge I was gaining. I would also highly recommend reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", which you can buy on Amazon too. It teaches you fertility awareness method and has a special section on PCOS. Just knowing all the things about my hormones and how they affected my body made me feel so much more in control of the chaos that is my body.

It's good to see that even though your cycles are long, you are still having them. Since August I've only O'd 3 times, and my last cycle was the longest (117 days) and the only thing that kept me sane was temping and hoping that at some time I would O on my own. I'm hoping for a shorter cycle this time around!

You mentioned your partner was thinking of getting a SA done. That's great! I would suggest getting it done early, as it can eliminate any stress or show any problems before you move on to more invasive procedures. But definitely get a BBT thermometer and start temping ASAP. It will help you if you ever need to see a doctor in the future as you will know if/when you O, as well as your LP length, and can also reveal possible problems with your thyroid.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Me: 28, mild PCOS, history of large cysts that rupture, stage 1 endometriosis resulting in severe abdominal pain, lap to remove endo and adhesions (4/28), HSG shows clear tubes.
Clomid 50mg (6/15) - no response
Clomid 100mg (8/15) - scan shows ONE follicle!!
DH: 34, perfect in every way
TTC since August 2014
First ever BFP October 22!! :bfp:

http://wishingformyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

My Ovulation Chart
Little_Bits
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests