Sad about the holidays

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Sad about the holidays

Postby blooop » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 am

I'm feeling kind of sad about the holidays coming up. I couldn't spend my birthday or thanksgiving (Canadian) with my family because I'm in the US on a visa where I'm not allowed to leave the country. My family can't make it here for American thanksgiving, and I won't be able to go to Christmas there. I'll get to spend them with my husband's family but I don't have a MIL or FIL so it's not the same. It'll be our first Christmas together which is nice but I am going to miss my family a lot, I've never gone through it without them. I'm not concerned about getting pregnant for Christmas at least, because my SIL has been trying for a couple years so I wouldn't want to make her upset anyway. It just kinda sucks. Anyone else?

Me: 23
DH: 29
#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Sad about the holidays

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm so sorry blooop. Yeah the holidays can really suck sometimes. I'm not looking forward to this holiday season myself - my family has been watching me like a hawk, asking when we are having children, without knowing that they are making my life miserable by asking. I'd rather skip the holidays this year, to be honest. Dealing with the barrage of questions puts me in a depressive funk, and watching my little baby cousins opening gifts makes me heartsick. There's also a good chance certain family members will announce their pregnancy this year, which will definitely make things worse. In that case, I'd rather be alone with DH this holiday season.

There is something to be said for spending the holidays with your DH. You should enjoy it with just the two of you - try to make it special as your first Xmas together.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blooop » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:00 am

Aww I'm sorry :( that will be tough.
After what happened last night in Paris I feel a bit silly for complaining about this now, it's not really a big deal in the long run.

#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MammysBabyno2 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:30 am

Hi

Sorry you miss the holiday with your family it can't be nice.

I feel for you with sil situation I'm the same I'm due for ovulation next weekend and she's having her egg transfer the week after so we will be due the same time. This is her 4th round if ivf and it would be a rainbow baby if it works (hope it does for them) but if it doesn't and does for me I would feel so bad my 1st pregnancy which was 3 years go she blew hot and cold with me (I totally understand and don't hold it against her) I hid my bump in big baggy jumpers it was spring so I would be boiling but didn't want to rub her face in it...I can't help now feel really anxious.

Hope your ok
MammysBabyno2
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby blooop » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 am

aw :( You are so sweet for caring about her feelings and understanding. Hopefully it works for her... and you as well!

#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Josie88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Hey ladies sorry to hear what you're all going through! Just found out my sister in law is pregnant and they will be announcing it around the holidays this year and will be all that everyone is talking about. I'm happy for her especially since they've been ttc for a long time but honestly this is the lowest point I've reached while we've been ttc..I knew this day was coming but wasn't emotionally prepared for it. It hurts so bad. Prayers would be appreciated!
Josie88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm so sorry Josie. Its very difficult, especially around the holidays, to deal with the celebration for other people when you are feeling so empty. There are plenty of us feeling just like you. I try my best to be "numb" during the holiday itself and then let it tumble out later. Keep yourself busy the best you can; that is what I will be trying to do.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests