Opinionated Parents Think Baby #2 is Bad Idea

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Opinionated Parents Think Baby #2 is Bad Idea

Postby MamaBird912 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:22 am

So I'm 22, happily married, living in a very comfortable place, my husband's income is steady and good, and we have a 14 month old son. My parents love our son very much. My father, who im very close to, is best buds with my little boy. We see my parents almost daily as my hubby works nights and I get lonely.

I haven't told them we are ttc. In casual conversations with others, while I'm around, if more babies are brought up my dad literally says "no, do not encourage that..and one child is better off". Yesterday he literally said " no, I'm totally against it" and was very serious. I asked my mom why he feels that way, she said "because we know what a burden it would be on us, we couldn't handle another baby".

This hurts my feelings. I know its my life not theirs and they won't be the ones caring for the new babe. But it literally makes me not want to ttc because I don't want them to be upset or negative about it.

Anyone ever have this situation and how did you handle it?
MamaBird912
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Opinionated Parents Think Baby #2 is Bad Idea

Postby Wishfull » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 am

My father in law was against us trying before we had been together seven years. Now since we made him wait he's as anxious as us. Once they find out you are pregnant, they will change their tune. And if not they will get over it eventually. It's nobody else's call when your family is complete. That's for you and your DH to decide. And I feel what your saying about lonly. DH is working nights right now as well.
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/]http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/[/url]
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaBird912 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:41 am

I just don't understand how they could be so in love with my son and not want any more grandchildren from me. He's always been a wonderful happy little boy and I had an amazing pregnancy.

I figure they'll get over it, but I really wanted everyone to be happy and excited for us. My son wasn't really planned ahead and my dh and I weren't married yet. So this time...I just pictured it being really positive. His parents will be happy for sure. But mine... I don't know what they'll say.

I guess we will see in a couple weeks (if we find out were preggo soon).
MamaBird912
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby JSA86 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:23 am

I think they would probably change their minds once the little one arrived, however you do also see them a lot and do have to consider their thoughts and feelings if you are always at their house.

But saying that. If it is what you really want then go for it, do not let anybody stop you, we have put off having a second child due to commitments and our careers and now regretting it as we have now been trying for over a year with 1 chemical and 1 miscarriage late last year and and had no luck since the ...I've literally just come back from having my bloods done to check if there is any reason we haven't been able to conceive...
JSA86

Postby MamaBird912 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 am

We do go over there a lot, but its not like we have to be there. We choose to go there. If they don't want us around (with a second babe) I'll just not go there. Simple as that. Hurtful comments from them aren't necessary.

I'm very sorry for your struggle.. I can't imagine being in your shoes. It sounds heartbreaking. Hoping for a rainbow baby for you
MamaBird912
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests