"Secondary Infertility"

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

"Secondary Infertility"

Postby VrOoM086 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:42 pm

I just got my period today. Again.

I am not allowed to be upset. We have a baby. She's 5 now. She's even asking for a brother or sister all on her own. I didn't think we would ever get to this point. I didn't think we would ever have a problem getting pregnant again besides our baby was a unplanned; so how hard would it be to plan a baby!?

You know what is worse? I am an OB/GYN nurse. Yeah. Exactly.

I see them. The couples that come in for fertility counseling and come back the next month pregnant (well that was easy!). I see the young teenage mothers pregnant for the 2nd and 3rd time. I see the 6 week post partum patients come in pregnant (oops). I see the drug addicts who refuse to stop smoking drinking or shooting whatever it is they shoot up while they are pregnant. I see the patients that use abortion as contraception. (I actually had one brag about how many she's had and laugh about how it doesn't physically hurt anymore)

But I also see the patients that have struggled so hard for years and years and finally a BFP. I see patients with 10+ MC and finally that 11th one stuck (due soon). I am usually the first medical person to advise a mother that she is pregnant. So precious when they well up with tears in happiness (my favorite).

...and I see the worse of the worse. A few fetal demise at 36+ weeks. (absolutely heart wrenching when that happens) a 15 week old baby foot sticking out of a cervix (awful) and a few sets of 20+ week premature twins not make it...we have actually had a patient pass away in labor (I don't know the specifics but I do know the baby survived).

You would think I would know how to conceive. All tests normal for both myself and my DH. The roller coaster of the 2ww and then BFNs kill me. I can't escape it. I can't get any relief from not thinking about it because of my occupation. I have had my share of "calm down. don't stress. It will happen. it's happened before. you shouldn't be upset because you already have a baby. (and the worse) just be thankful for what you already have"

Love to you all.
Brittany
Josh's Wife 05/2011
Gracie's Mom 12/2010
Baby Boy's GS 11/2012

TTC #2 Since July 2014
VrOoM086
Friend

Re: "Secondary Infertility"

Postby Danaa » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:43 am

Im so sorry for what ur going trough:(especially Bcs of ur job u deal with pregnancy all the time,Ofc ur alowed ur get upset we all are.I wish I could find some comforting words to say to you but I'm going trough a rough time myself.Higs and good luck to you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LeahsMom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:56 am

I feel your pain. I'm also TTC #2, and have been trying since Sept 2014, a little shorter than you.

My daughter was planned and we got pregnant on the first try (that ended in M/C and then we got pregnant with my daughter immediately after), so never had I ever seen this coming. It's painful. A lot of people tell me I should be grateful to have one child and not let this bother me, but my heart is ready for another. I have so much love to give another child so why should that be discounted because I "already have one"? My daughter has finally began asking about a little sister, which definitely makes things tougher.

I wish you a ton of luck on your journey and sending you lots and lots of babydust! I hope we all see BFPs very soon!
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
(after 2.5 years of trying & first cycle using softcups)
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whoz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 pm

I, too, am struggling with some secondary infertility--but not nearly as long as you. I am sorry.
Me: 31
DH: 29
DS born July 2015
TTC #2 since January 2016
BFP Sept 2016 after weaning DS
MMC at 12 weeks - Nov 2016 (baby passed away at 6 weeks)
Fertility testing March 2017. Unexplained secondary infertility.
Trying naturally (Preseed, SMEP, BBT, baby aspirin, progesterone, OPKs, Fertilaid, FertileCM and Ovaboost, etc) Dec 2016 - April 2017 - BFNs
3 rounds of clomid (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) with my first anov cycle, breakthrough bleeding and all BFNs - May - June 2017
Laproscopy (coming soon)

My Ovulation Chart
whoz
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby katbagley88 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:33 am

I know exactly how you feel! I have 3 beautiful healthy little boys, but since my miscarriage 5 years ago I've not been able to fall pregnant again, I can't talk to my family about it because 'ive got kids its not the end of the world' but what they don't understand is I am only 28 I'm not ready to hear I cant have anymore children, and just because I have kids doesn't mean I dont deserve to have one more...as that's all I want, just one more! I've been told everything is fine fertilty wise but I'm not convinced so I'm going back to the Dr next week...dont feel like you're alone, I really do sympathise x
katbagley88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests