please help me think positive!

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

please help me think positive!

Postby gay.mum » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 am

Hi ladies, this is my first post but I am really struggling and would really appreciate some friendly words. It's only my second cycle ttc with frozen donor sperm (home insemination), I am 11dpo and got a bfn this morning. I'm finding it really hard to feel positive about the ttc process, especially because it costs us £2000 a pop! I don't know how to face trying again next month, or whether I should still be hopeful about this cycle, and I work from home so am by myself all day brooding and making myself miserable. Please please help me out with some encouragement! It will all be worth it in the end, right?
gay.mum

Re: please help me think positive!

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:42 am

Believe me when I say it will be worth it in the end,is hard I know it so well but with a positive attitude and perseverance it will work.
The 2000£ is for one cycle?if so that is way to expensive and I would highly recommend going for Ivf bcs it would be cheaper in some way.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gay.mum » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 am

Thanks Danaa. I'm just freaking out because this is only my second cycle and I'm already going crazy, I can't imagine the strength it must take to do this 12+ times. The reason it's so expensive is because we are using donor sperm - I happen to be CMV negative which means I need a rare CMV negative donor, and they cost more. We could do it more cheaply with a different donor, but it's such an emotional thing, we found this donor's profile and just felt like he was the right one. If it doesn't work soon we will have to look into other donors, but it feels awful choosing a biological father based on ££! This is home insemination, so it would cost even more if we did IUI or IVF at a clinic. I did look into egg sharing, which would entitle me to free IVF (we still pay for sperm though), but they wanted me to get some genetic screening done first and I've been on the waiting list for that for months, so trying at home in the mean time. Feeling generally more positive now anyway, had a bit of recovery time over the weekend :) I guess if it's meant to happen it will, we are fortunate to live in a time when this kind of treatment is possible
gay.mum

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Hey! Don't lose hope. We all deserve babies and we will get ours. Its just matter of time. Try not to stress as it's not going to help you conceive.

And like Danaa suggested, IVF could be a much better option for as it has higher success rates compared to IUIs and home insemination. I hope you move up the list soon and get IVF. Just remember that you are loved and get everything you deserve. Feel free to join one of the buddy groups if you feel like making ttc friends. We got some really nice girls on the boards who will happily be with you in this journey. Hugs
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 32, no known issues except early hypothyroidism
DH: 32, 4 SAs. Different results each time

IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN
IUI #2 Dec'17
Hopefulrosey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Like the user before me said join a buddy group it will help a lot.
I hope you get ur bfp soon enough.good luck to you !!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests