Mixed emotions from ttc

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mixed emotions from ttc

Postby Blendedfamily » Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Maybe I am being selfish, but I just wanted to see if I could find some emotional support. My husband and I have been ttc for almost a year, and I am now starting to have a bunch of mixed emotions. The thing is - I know I'm being ridiculous when I think that "maybe something is wrong with me" or "maybe I don't deserve to get pregnant right now", but every once in a while I get those feelings. Has anyone else had those types of feelings while going through this journey? I try my hardest to stay positive at all times, but month after month of seeing bfn's sometimes puts a downer on my mood.
Blendedfamily

Re: Mixed emotions from ttc

Postby Nickysy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello. Don't beat yourself up on all these emotions. They are bound to happen when you are ttc for that long. I have been ttc on and off from Sep 2015, and am moving towards my first IVF in my next cycle. Fortunately, I am a part of a very loving and supporting group here. Emotions can be your biggest strength. Feel them, acknowledge them. And then let it be. Just try to find more good days than bad. Trust me, you are not alone.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Mixed emotions from ttc

Postby weeping angel » Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 am

hey-

a good friend of mine the day after my iui told me that she is one that goes "with the cosmos"- whatever that means ....and that this will happen when its the right time- we've been trying for 3 years and we've been together for 10. and i'm sorry, i love and respect her but i'm one of those who think we make our own luck in life. in life, i think we get a few things we DESERVE to be selfish about and this is one of those things imo. i tried explaining this to my husband....long before we even knew we had issues. he took the stance of "why force God's hand?" when there are so many children out there looking for a home. hope this helps.
weeping angel

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests