Brand New, Looking for Support

This is the place to visit if you need the strength of prayers from your community of friends. Visit often, and receive encouragement to support you in your time of special need.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Brand New, Looking for Support

Postby CatLady1985 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:17 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm 33 (almost 34) and single, and decided to go through IVF to improve my chances of having a child in the future. My plan is to freeze the embryos and transfer them 4-5 years from now. Since I don't have a partner and haven't been trying to conceive naturally, I really have no idea about my fertility. But my cycles are normal and I'm still under 35, so I just hoped this cycle would go super well and I'd end up with a bunch of healthy embryos, maybe even enough for two healthy pregnancies after just one cycle.

Anyway, my cycle started May 3, and I started Follistim and low-dose HCG on May 6. At my baseline appointment, I had 7 follicles in the right ovary and 3 on the left. It seemed low but I don't really know what is a "normal" amount. The nurse said more might pop up throughout the cycle. This morning I had my first follow-up after 3 days on the injections, and the ultrasound found only 3 follicles starting on the right, and 2 on the left. The nurse tried to sound optimistic that more might show up, but by the tone of her voice this seemed like a low number.

Anyway, it made me feel suddenly very sad. I did not expect that. I realized that emotionally I have a lot riding on this and have gotten used to the idea that I'll have a few healthy embryos waiting for me when I'm ready. I guess it just hit me that that might not happen. I'm trying not to over-react. More could certainly pop up during the cycle. And even if not, it really only takes one in the end, right?

Since I'm not actually going through a diagnosis of infertility, I vastly underestimated the amount of emotional support I would need going through this. How do you guys cope with the uncertainty of this emotional roller-coaster? I have a friend who has gone through this with her husband because of infertility, but since she still has not conceived I feel bad about bringing up the topic.
CatLady1985

Re: Brand New, Looking for Support

Postby AmySmith » Tue May 14, 2019 5:36 am

I can totally understand your situation. It must be so tough. Don't worry, please, things will get better for you. There are solutions to all of these infertilities. Sending you lots of prayers and baby dust. It will work out for you. Keep us posted on how it goes. Let me know if you need my help regarding any of this!
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Tue May 28, 2019 6:19 pm

I can understand how hard this must be for you. However, dont lose hope! I am sure things will get better. Just stay positive and strong. You can always share your feelings here. Just know that you are not alone in this. I am sure you will be able to retrieve some good quality eggs. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mimimama » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 pm

stay positive, I am sure everything will work out for you. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
July 2017 - our daughter M arrived, we are so happy
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Emotional Support & Prayer Requests