Dec. 2010 DD loss & anyone else unwilling to give up-5

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby Patty411 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am

Bilson, glad things are moving the in the right direction. FX for a nice, low number on Friday.

AFM, I haven't posted any pee sticks on the POAS board. I'm still seeing faint lines a week after the trigger and have heard it can take between 10 and 14 days to get out of my system. I'll keep POAS and may post some pics if the lines start getting lighter.
Me: 38 DH: 40
DS: Born August 2008
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: m/c May 2010, Sept 2010, Jan 2011 and Aug 2011

Patty411

Postby HawkeyeGirl16 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:04 pm

bilson: I'm glad the numbers are heading in the right direction. Hopefully, Friday continues that trend.

Patty: I love acupuncture. If nothing else, it really helps me relax. I didn't test the trigger out until 8dpo, but maybe yours will never disappear completely and will just start getting darker now. Fingers crossed for you!

AFM, going for follie check #2 tomorrow. On Tuesday, I had a bunch of them around 10-12mm. I was told to continue the Follistim for three more nights and then trigger. I wasn't too thrilled about that plan, so I asked if we could do another u/s before the trigger shot. My RE argued with me about how it wasn't necessary and everything would be fine. On my drive home, I got extremely frustrated and called to ask the nurse if they would reconsider since I have a history of responding very slowly to meds and had a failed cycle last month. She told me that I would just have to trust the RE b/c he is usually very good about determining when to take the Ovidrel. I still wasn't happy with that answer, so DH called and again explained our concerns. Not to mention, over the past two years, I've never been ready to trigger before CD16. How in the world would they think that everything would be good to go on CD11 this time? :dunno: So thankfully, the nurse finally admitted that she agreed with us and told me to call and schedule and appointment and she would explain things to the RE. I'm nervous about tomorrow b/c I haven't been feeling a thing. Usually, I can feel some twinges or discomfort when my follicles are close to mature. Hopefully, my RE is right and I'll have a couple of follicles that are close to mature, but I'm not to optimistic about things.
Me: 28 DH: 30
We're TTC a little brother or sister for Mason! (Shh FB friends)
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
PCOS, adenomyosis, RPL, & IC
7/09-8/10: Multiple cycles of IF medications
4/26/10 :angel: 8w3d
7/26/10 :angel: 5w0d
RPL testing: elevated anticardiolipin IgM
1/7/11: Triplet angels 19w4d due to IC Cadyn :angel: Adalyn :angel: Mikayla :angel:
5/24/11: :angel: 4w3d
6/21/11: :bfp: #5 Shirodkar cerclage & 17p
:hb: Our miracle baby Mason arrived safely 2/22/12 :hb:
October 2013: BF?
HawkeyeGirl16
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby peppersta » Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted in awhile...mostly because I have had an awful cold. I feel like garbage, between the pregnancy fatigue and a bad cold that I don't want to risk taking any medication for I am definitely not doing much after work but sleeping on the couch! Not really many pregnancy symptoms still, I should be 7 weeks today, the only thing is that I am burping and farting....A LOT! So embarassing!

Michele- hope you are feeling ok, I have been following your blog and thinking about how you were making out.

Patty - my fingers are crossed for you that those faint lines turn into dark positive ones! Let us know.

Bilson - I didn't really gain much weight after my mc, but I had gained around 5 or 6 pounds during the 12 weeks of my pregnancy and I never managed to lose them in the 3 months before this pregnancy. It did seem harder than nomral to manage my weight. Frustrating!

Hawkeye - good for you for being so insistant with your RE/nurse! We know our bodies and we have to trust them. Sometimes we feel uncomfortable pushing like that, but if it means getting better care than it is so worth it! Let us know what the scan says!

Have a good week everyone! I hope you don't mind me still checking in while preggers, I just still don't feel comfortable with it being a sure thing yet and most people in the preg boards just don't understand those fears!
Off pill Aug. 1, 2010 BFP Nov. 14 2011 Ultrasound revealed miscarriage Jan. 13, 2011 D&C Jan.20, 2011, BFP April 14, 2011 Check out my blog: www.lifeandtimesofpsa.blogspot.com
peppersta
Friend

Postby michelelm » Thu May 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Hawkeye - Good for you for sticking to your guns! You'd think the RE would be on board with another u/s, it just means more money in his pocket! I hope you see some beutiful follies at your next scan! Do you think acupuncture is worth it? I've never done it, but my RE suggested it for me and my anxiety. Glad you had a nice getaway with DH!

Patty - I hope your lines keep getting darker!!! I've seen some people who's never fade completely but they start getting darker with their BFP. Good luck!!

bilson - I'm so happy things are going in the right direction for you!

Pepper - Glad to hear an update from you. It's tough to let go of those fears, I hope yours get less and less with each passing day of your pregnancy.

AFM - I have my MRI/MRA of the head scheduled for Tuesday, May 10th. Hopefully the results will be good and I can get back to TTC with my RE.
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HawkeyeGirl16 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

michele: I love acupuncture b/c it seems to help keep my anxiety levels down. Plus, I had a great response to meds the one time that I did it before, so I figure it can't hurt anything.

pepper: Please do check in! Hopefully when you get to see a healthy baby on u/s you'll feel better about things.

AFM, I went for my second u/s today. Two of the eight follicles are continuing to grow, but aren't as big as the RE thought they would be by now. The one on my left is at 14 and my right he said was 16, but last I checked 15.2 doesn't exactly round up to that :roll:. Not to mention, that follicle is kind of oval shaped and 15.2 was the biggest part of it. My old RE would measure ones like that both ways across the middle and go by the average of those two numbers, so really it looks like I probably have two 14s today. However, this RE is sticking by what he said earlier and wants me to trigger tomorrow. Well lets see...it took two days for them to go from 12 to 14, I highly doubt they're going to grow 3mm overnight. So, I plan to wait until Saturday to trigger.

Thankfully, I talked to my old RE's nurse yesterday and she said that they would be willing to see me again and talk about things other than IVF. I'm so excited! So, if this cycle is a complete failure again, I get to see my old RE on May 23rd. I love my old RE and am so happy that they are willing to try something else. It looks like either way this will be a good month. Either I'll get a BFP, or I get to go back to my old RE. :D
Me: 28 DH: 30
We're TTC a little brother or sister for Mason! (Shh FB friends)
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
PCOS, adenomyosis, RPL, & IC
7/09-8/10: Multiple cycles of IF medications
4/26/10 :angel: 8w3d
7/26/10 :angel: 5w0d
RPL testing: elevated anticardiolipin IgM
1/7/11: Triplet angels 19w4d due to IC Cadyn :angel: Adalyn :angel: Mikayla :angel:
5/24/11: :angel: 4w3d
6/21/11: :bfp: #5 Shirodkar cerclage & 17p
:hb: Our miracle baby Mason arrived safely 2/22/12 :hb:
October 2013: BF?
HawkeyeGirl16
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bilson » Sat May 07, 2011 7:48 am

Hi ladies!

I had a few bleeding free days and boy was it great!! Unfortunately, it is back with a vengeance...I am hoping that it is finally AF. I am now into the 6th week....so here's hoping! I go for another beta today - hope it is super low !!

I did get some great news yesterday - I had two job interviews and got an offer from both of them. So I actually got to choose which job I wanted :) It was a great feeling to be wanted! So at least I now where I will be in September.

hawkeye - sorry to hear about the small follies...but glad to hear about getting into the old RE for next cycle. I really hope that you get your BFP and don't need to see him/her though!!

michelem - Good luck on the MRI on Tuesday - hoping for excellent results :)

peppersta - sorry you are feeling sick! Totally know the feeling with the gas...it was terrible for me in the first 2 weeks. It was a symptom I wasn't expecting :)

Patty - any news from you?
Me (32) DH (32), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
TTC #1 since May 2010 (more like NTNP), seriously trying since Dec 2010
Image (Apr. 2011 - 5-6 weeks)

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Patty411 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi everyone!

Bilson: What was your beta? I'm hoping it's low...or negative. Congrats on getting two job offers! :shock: Have you made a decision?

Hawkeye: Wow, what a roller coaster with your RE! Do you feel more optimistic about this cycle after waiting to trigger?

Michele: Thinking about you today and hoping the MRI went well.

Pepper: LOL about the gas. It's definitely a pregnancy think and nothing to be embarrassed about.

Chadni: How are you feeling?

AFM, I'm pretty sure this cycle was a bust. It's been 13 days since my trigger, 12 days since my IUI and 11 days since ovulation. I have no pregnancy symptoms and my pee sticks are stark white. I've had sore nipples and positive pregnancy tests by 9dpo for all of my pregnancies. My RE does betas two weeks after IUIs, so I'll get my first beta on Thursday. I'm fully expecting it to be negative and I think that my progesterone suppositories are putting off AF. I hate being so down after just one try at IUI but I feel like I'm running out of time.

Patty411

Postby bilson » Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Patty - got the good news from the doc - I don't have to go in for any more repeat betas...They didn't give me a number, but I go to the doc's tomorrow. I think I am on period right now.

I really hope this is just a fluke cycle and you still get your BFP!!!

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby ladybearne2 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 pm

It's been a while since I was on. It's been busy these last few weeks.

I'm in the tww now. I feel really good about this cycle so hopefully I get a BFP in the next week or two.
Becky
Miss K- 11/5/2009
Miss L- 2/17/2012
Prince A - 8/25/2015

Image]
ladybearne2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Patty411 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Bilson, I'm glad you're done with the betas and hoping this will be your lucky cycle.

I went for my beta today and, as I suspected, I'm not pregnant. :( I'm disappointed but looking forward to starting another cycle. I've stopped taking my progesterone and hopefully I'll start my period soon. We'll probably do another cycle of Clomid (100mg instead of 50mg), trigger and IUI.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Patty411

Postby michelelm » Thu May 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Patty - I'm so sorry this wasn't your month. I'm hoping your next cyle brings you your sticky bfp!

ladybearne - oooo, exciting! I hope you see 2 pink lines soon!

bilson - glad to hear you don't have to go for more betas. Good luck with this cycle! Congrats on the job offers! That's great!

Hawkeye - any more news? I'll have to pop over and read your blog to see if there is an update there. I hope a bfp is in your near future, if not, hooray for getting to go back to your old RE!

AFM - MRI/MRA went well, everything looks normal. I ovulated last weekend (1st time since my miscarriage) but we were preventing, waiting for the MRI. I can start TTC again this next cycle (Clomid/HCG trigger), but I might take one more cycle off before jumping in again. I haven't decided for sure.
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bilson » Sat May 14, 2011 7:34 am

michele - so glad to hear the MRI/MRA went well! glad you ovulated :) here's to next cycle!!! I will be with you on that one. I am also on the preventing wagon this time because next week I am going in for eye surgery and there are some risks to pregnant women...

lady - glad to hear you are in the TWW!! keep us posted...look forward to seeing some POAS :)

Patty - sorry to hear you had a neg. beta...hoping next cycle is everyone's lucky cycle!

hawkeye - hope everything is good with you :)

AFM - my beta was a 4 (so negative in the preg world)...happy about that and just tracking my cycle so I can prepare for the next one. I am going in for a CD21 progesterone check next cycle and I am looking forward to solving some problems with this test :) :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Patty411 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Wow, it's been quiet here! I hope you all are doing OK.

I'll finish my Clomid tomorrow, this cycle I'm taking 100mg instead of 50mg. Right after Memorial Day weekend I'll go in for my ultrasound for a follie check and my trigger shot. I've been exercising more regularly over the past month and I'm feeling really good. Keeping my fingers crossed this is my lucky month!

Patty411

Postby ladybearne2 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:23 am

Patty- I'm hoping the clomid does the trick.

I'm out this month. AF is due tomorrow and I expect her to show on time. I'm going to be starting my 2nd round of clomid this week.
Becky
Miss K- 11/5/2009
Miss L- 2/17/2012
Prince A - 8/25/2015

Image]
ladybearne2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ladybearne2 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:23 am

Patty- I'm hoping the clomid does the trick.

I'm out this month. AF is due tomorrow and I expect her to show on time. I'm going to be starting my 2nd round of clomid this week.
Becky
Miss K- 11/5/2009
Miss L- 2/17/2012
Prince A - 8/25/2015

Image]
ladybearne2
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC After a Loss