Dec. 2010 DD loss & anyone else unwilling to give up-5

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby michelelm » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 am

Oh willow :cry: I'm so sorry you had another loss. Anniversaries are so hard. I just had my 1 year for my son on the 9th. I'm thinking of you during this difficult time.

I've been pretty open about my losses, that's just been the right way for me to handle it for my sanity, but when someone who doesn't know asks me if/when we'll have another, I just flat out say we're trying or we've lost babies, that usually shuts them up and hopefully makes them think before they ask someone else struggling. I hate that people don't think about how hurtful that question can be! I'm to the point now where if they make me uncomfortable by asking such an inappropriate question, I have no problem making them equally uncomfortable by telling them what's going on :|

Good luck this month. I hope you get pregnant with a healthy take home baby!

AFM - AF is here in full force today, so I'll start 100mg Clomid Thursday. I was going to do a trigger, but we are going on vacation and I won't be home in time for u/s follie checks, so just Clomid this cycle.
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meggola » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi willow. It's nice to hear from you, even with such sad news. I'm so sorry to hear you had another loss. I'm sorry, too, that you're coming up on your anniversary. They are really hard. Mine is coming up a month from tomorrow and I'm already having a hard time.

Michele - I really hope the clomid does it for you this cycle! I hope you're doing okay after that last crazy cycle and anniversary and all. You are an amazingly strong woman.

AFM - DH and I found out today that his count has gotten worse, and the RE thinks our only chance is IVF with ICSI. We're both in shock. We had expected to find out that we were going to do a few IUIs...not that there's no chance of us becoming pregnant on our own.
Me (Meg) - 35, DH - 32
TTC #1 since Nov 2009 (2 1/2+ yrs)
IF due to a damaged right tube & MFI (low numbers + ASA)

BFP July 2010, m/c 6w1d (ectopic)

Aug 2011- Jan 2012: 6 medicated cycles (Clomid & Follistim) - 1 IUI, 4 cancelled cycles (Oing on my right side), 1 cycle timed BD, all BFN

IVF#1 Feb/March: chemical, no frosties
IVF#2 April/May: BFN, 3 frosties
FET #1 July 24 (transferred 2, 3rd didn't survive the thaw) BFP!
-Beta #1 (8dp6dt) 197
-Beta #2 (10dp6dt) 430
-1st u/s 5w5d - It's twins!
-ANT scan 11/15 19w - It's a boy and a girl!
My blog: http://lostinprocreation.blogspot.com/
meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby michelelm » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 am

Oh no Meg! I'm so sorry to hear that news! Were you given any advice on anything else you can try to help his count? Do you think you'll move forward with IVF? I'm so sorry you didn't get better news! :hugs:
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby willow3 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Michele--thanks. Sometimes I feel like just telling people the truth too so they'll stop bothering me. I tried it once and it just made things more awkward. It's been especially hard lately because rumors started swirling around that I was pregnant right after my recent loss, so I think people are confused :(
I hope Clomid works for you this month. We have both been through enough already and deserve our take-home babies!

Meg--nice to hear from you too, although I'm sorry you don't have better news. From your siggy it looks like you are hoping to go ahead with the IVF. I am sure it comes as a shock, but maybe skipping straight to IVF will be the best thing!
Me 36, DH 37
DS 3
loss @ 5 wks 10/07
loss @ 11.5 wks 07/10
loss @ 14 wks 04/11
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1da4d0
willow3
Friend

Previous

Return to TTC After a Loss