my mysterious first cycle after our m/c

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

my mysterious first cycle after our m/c

Postby kuetoo » Tue May 31, 2011 11:16 am

Hi ladies,

I'm in the process of recovering from a miscarriage I had on April 29. I bled for a week, and my HCG dropped to 0 within two weeks. Oddly enough, my obgyn waited until three weeks after my mc to tell DH and me to avoid unprotected sex until after my next period. That said, we've been having a good old time and not using protection. Who knew?

Judging strictly from my CM, I believe I O'd last Wednesday and we actually had sex the day before. Assuming my O date is correct, I would be 7dpo today. At 5dpo, DH and had sex, and I noticed some pink CM on the toilet paper when I wiped. And both 6dpo and today, it was brownish -again, just on the toilet paper.

I don't know what to make of this. Is it the start of my period? Could it be IB (which, by the way, I didn't have with either of my other pregnancies, so I have no idea what to look for.) Is it leftover blood from my mc? Any expert advice out there?

TIA!
kuetoo

Postby dobyn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:49 am

At this point, it could be anything, including a little irritation from having sex. Time will tell if it's the start of a period or implantation bleeding or just a bit of mid-cycle spotting. I don't know if you had surgery, but I had a bit of spotting off and on over the weeks following my D&C. It stopped happening on its own.

Doctors tell you to wait until you get a period because dating the pregnancy is easier if you know your LMP date. As far as I know, there is usually no increased risk to you or baby if you are indeed pregnant this cycle.

Good luck to you, and I really hope you get your BFP ASAP!!
dobyn

Postby kizziedee » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Hello :) so sorry to hear about your loss :(

i sadly had my second complete/natural miscarriage on april 26th- it took 5 weeks from when my bleeding stopped for my first period to come. one midwife told me to wait for one cycle to try again and another one said to try as soon as i was ready regardless of if i had my period or not- she said a woman is very fertle straight after a mc- ironic really!i didnt spot between mc bleeding and af though.

so how long has it been since your mc bleeding stopped? they sy it can take 4-6 weeks for first period to come. i personally spot sometimes after sex (sorry tmi) for a day sometimes and very lightly- could it be that? i also spot sometimes a day or 2 before af comes. another lady had said her first af after mc was so light she wasnt sure if it was her period or not- could it be a super light period? or could def be implantation bleeding as takes about 6-10 days after ovulation.i sometimes spot lightly for no obvious reason too! its so frustrating not knowing whats going on- especailly after a mc where hormones are a bit messed up!

hope you find out what it is :)

me:kim 27
two angel babies
one princess
Baby boy born 5 weeks early but at home safe and sound!
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lbbadd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I just had a mc and I'm waiting for my 1st period since the mc to show. I also had some pinkish/brownish cm after DH and I dtd. I think it's just our cervix being a little sensitive or maybe some leftover blood from the mc. I'm very sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will get your bfp soon. I too was told different things about ttc after mc. I think you will be fine if you get pg again the 1st cycle. I've read so many things about being really fertile after a mc....I guess we'll see!
lbbadd

Return to TTC After a Loss