needing some reassurance from someone who has been there

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

needing some reassurance from someone who has been there

Postby Felicia1026 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 pm

So... heres a little back story. I have 2 boys 4and almost2 years old. We started trying for #3 (wanting a girl soo bad) in august 2012. I got pregnant right away. Told everyone before i had an ultrasound (learned my lesson )i and on oct 5th had a d&c for a missed mc. I decided to try right after then when i got my period i was devastated so i decided to go back on bc pill in the bgeinning of dec. We decided to start trying in feb. My last day of bc was feb 6th. I had a period feb 10th lasting 5 days. Another period feb 20thh lasting 8 days. Then the next period march 16.. just as i thought time was getting further in between i started bleeding today on cd 12. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my period is all over the place?...or anything that can help me regulate them? I had a pap on march 21st16th and she tested all my levels all normal. :( my best friend is pregnant with a girl and i am so happy for her but so miserable inside. At this point id be happy woth a happy healthy baby. She doesnt understand loss and complains about pregnancy from time to time and i just wanna scream. And ii am throwinfso her a shower next month!! Anfum
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: needing some reassurance from someone who has been there

Postby Felicia1026 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

The last line is "and im throwing her a shower next month".. im on my phone so sorry for any typos.
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Felicia1026 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm

And thanks in advance :)
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby blt2012 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:02 pm

I think it's pretty common to be all over the place for a while after mc. I went back to normal pretty quickly, but as of lately it's been a little more sporadic, so who knows. My doc said it can take up to a year to regulate.

I understand the frustrations too...since I mc'd my best friend (who wasn't trying), my cousin (still smoking) and my other cousin (19) have all gotten pregnant....along with SEVERAL other friends. I seriously feel like everyone I know has a baby growing inside them or just had a baby. I'm very happy for most of them, but it definitely takes its toll...especially when they complain. I'm trying for #1, so it's even that much more stressful. I don't think it's wrong to feel the way we do...just the facts of life.

Stay strong and I hope you regulate and get a positive soon!

Me: 28, DH:30
TTC #1
Early loss on 11/14/12 :(
blt2012

Postby Felicia1026 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you. Its a good feeling to know these are normal feelings. I just dont understand my body. Used to always be 29 days on the dot. Well ..now not so much. Yesterday i had red spotting (cd12).. and today its brown spotting. Only when i wipe. So strange. Im not ready to call it af yet...but im sure tomorrow it will be heavier. :( rough day!
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi there, sorry to hear about your loss and the rough time you are going through with your cycle now :( I had an early m/c in December and also experienced a disruption in my usually spot on (pun not intended lol) 28 day cycle. I didn't have an "official" period for 6 weeks after the m/c and my first one was shorter than normal, then the second one was yet another day shorter, then the third was ANOTHER day shorter. My doc said it was normal for your periods to be a bit haywire for a while after a m/c since it takes time to build up a proper uterine lining and get all the hormones back in balance. I finally had a normal period this month (4 months later) So even though it doesn't feel like it now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's frustrating to have to wait for your body to do it's thing and recover fully, but it will be worth the wait, once your body normalizes and everything is back in check your chances of conceiving and having a sticky bean will be much better. It will be worth the wait.

And don't get me started about other people popping up pregnant everywhere. My sis in law announced her pregnancy and it turns out we were pregnant at the same time so we would have had the same due date and every month that AF comes I'm reminded that I should be as pregnant as she is right now. It isn't fair and you can be mad and secretly hate all the people who get pregnant, I know I do! And it's really hard for people to understand the pain of a loss if they've never experienced it. That's why we're here for you :) :hugs: I hope you feel better soon
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Felicia1026 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:24 pm

thank you :)

I am hoping things are better now. I spotted that one day and he next and it stopped...so here's to hoping. now waiting for af ...:/

I was really hoping to be pregnant this month because my best friend begged me to throw her shower and I gave in.. and all she does is complain about being pregnant. but since im sure af is coming I will just get my hair done or something..make me feel a little better lol

thank you ..your words meant a lot
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm

And here we all are just desperately wanting to feel the nausea, the fatigue, the crazy emotions, and insane food cravings. She doesn't know how fortunate she is to be miserable and pregnant. To be miserable and pregnant would be better than just being miserable and wanting to be pregnant.

What cd are you on then? Do you think you have a chance this month?
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Felicia1026 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah she found out she was pregnant like 4 days before my d&c and is due 3 weeks after i would have been so her whole pregnancy is a reminder :/

And yes i would give ANYTHING to be nauseas and all that.

Like 2 weeks after my d&c she had the nerve to tell me she was terrified it was twins because of a dream she had and how horrible it would be. All i could say back was "2 heart beats are better then none"...and she argued with me. Its been hard.

Friday will be cd 27. I thought i did, even got a faint bfp around 8dpo on a frer and every test since is a bfn so i am not sure what thats about. I have all the normal af signs now to. So on to next month ...

Thank you so much for letting me vent. Its been a much needed talk ..especially with some one who understands. My husband has been great but he isnt a woman haha so sometimes he doesnt know what to say .

Thank youuu!
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:06 am

I guess some people just don't get it. Sorry your friend has to be such a painful reminder. Like find some compassion already! Lol. Always here for ya if you wanna vent :)
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blt2012 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 am

You ladies speak the truth! I'd give anything to be pregnant....unfun side effects and all! One of my best friends is due 3 days after my due date would have been and she's counting down the days of what she has left in her pregnancy. And not to get to baby as much as she's just sick of being pregnant already! I'd love to switch places with her. It just makes us stronger women in the long run though! And we'll be such pleasant pregnant ladies when our time comes. I know I won't take one nauseous morning for granted!

Me: 28, DH:30
TTC #1
Early loss on 11/14/12 :(
blt2012

Postby Felicia1026 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I never had morning sickness with my other pregnancys but man I would embrace puking all day just to be pregnant!!!.. lol my husband thinks I'm nuts.. but I like to call it passionate :-)
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't have any nausea or any other symptoms really with my first pregnancy, and I was in a hurry for the pregnancy to be over towards the end but only because I so badly wanted to hold my baby in my arms. It's such an amazing experience and I can't wait to go through it all over again!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Felicia1026 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Me to!!..

How is your ttc going this month??
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Felicia1026 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 pm

I got my bfp today ladies. Please pray this one sticks....
Felicia1026
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC After a Loss