How long to get period after D&C?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How long to get period after D&C?

Postby Jenny84 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:40 am

Hi all,

I was 11 weeks when I started bleeding a lot and then went in for ultrasound and there was no Heartbeat, there was a heartbeat and a moving baby on ultrasound a week prior :(

I had a D&C on March 13th.

It is now CD 35, I am counting CD 1 to be the day of my D&C. Pregnancy test this am is negative ( I don't think I'm pregnant but it was worth ruling out.)

Any ladies also have a D&C and how many days did it take to get a period back?

Thanks!!
Me: 28 (Stopped Nuvaring in Oct 2012)
DH: 29
TTC our first baby since Oct 2012
BFP #1 Jan/2013. MC at 11 weeks March/2013 :angel2:
Jenny84

Re: How long to get period after D&C?

Postby alabama » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 am

Hi
Sorry for your loss :-( I had a d and c nearly 5 weeks ago, i have since o´d and am 11 dpo, waiting for AF now..should be due in 5 days...i dont think everyone ovulates after a d and c and unfortunately it can vary from person to person...i am very interested to see if my AF arrives on time!!(this will be my first AF after d and c )
alabama
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby dobyn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 am

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a D&C for a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. I also saw the heartbeat about ten days before I found out. It's truly devastating.

It took about 6 weeks for my period to return, so about 40ish days. I don't think I ovulated before it came; I actually was still getting very faint positive pregnancy tests up until a few days before I started bleeding. However, I did resume my normal cycles the next month and a few months later got pregnant with my daughter, who's now 3.

I hope you've gotten your period since posting and I hope you are doing okay. Even now, two kids later, I mourn my loss once in a while.
dobyn

Postby Jenny84 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks So much Dobyn and Alabama,

Update, I got my period 36 days after my D&C. About 5 weeks. I've never been so elated to have a period! Each day that it didn't come was like a heartbreaking reminder that my body and mind had been through something awful and heartbreaking and the new period after the D&C made me feel that I could finally start a new chapter.

Dobyn, Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm so glad that you have a 3 year old rainbow baby now. And hearing that you still morn you loss years later makes me feel a bit more sane because I know that the memory of my loss will stay with me forever. Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm on CD 6 or 7 and am crossing my fingers for a rainbow baby too. :)

Thanks!!
Me: 28 (Stopped Nuvaring in Oct 2012)
DH: 29
TTC our first baby since Oct 2012
BFP #1 Jan/2013. MC at 11 weeks March/2013 :angel2:
Jenny84

Return to TTC After a Loss