Thyroid function and getting pregnant

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Thyroid function and getting pregnant

Postby Kit0104 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I have just had blood tests back and appears I have serum tsh level of 7.5. I've read that ideally to get pregnant and then for a healthy pregnancy it should be between 1 - 2. My question is...we have been through so much and every month without success makes me feel lower and lower....should we wait until I have been given the medication before we try again ? Or should we carry on ? We are still mourning the baby we lost in Oct last year, so emotions are all over the place ! If anyone out there has any experience with this...please please reply. Thanks !
Kit0104
Friend

Re: Thyroid function and getting pregnant

Postby blt2012 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 pm

I have thyroid issues as well...in fact they just did blood work again today to check my levels. We continue to try in the meantime, but I think it's a very personal decision. It's definitely hard to get BFN after BFN, but my opinion is that I'd rather try and not succeed than not try and wonder. Again, though - I think each case is unique and you and your hubby need to do what's best for you both.

I hope that you get your BFP soon and that it's a super sticky little baby! Good luck.

Me: 28, DH:30
TTC #1
Early loss on 11/14/12 :(
blt2012

Postby MTbaby » Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 pm

I would wait to cause less stress. 7.5 is really high for conceiving. I have had Hypothyroidism since I was 18.
Mtbaby
Me 34: DH 36 DD: 4.5
TTC#2
:angel: 6w1d (4/17/13)
MTbaby
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kodak2057 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

I would wait if you can, I've had hypothyroid diagnosis for about 8 years and being that low can actually cause miscarriage so you may break your heart even more than just bfn, but it's a personal choice. Good luck and baby dust! Don't hold off on getting the medication though bc you will feel a million times better when your levels are good!
Kodak2057
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC After a Loss