Is this another miscarriage?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Is this another miscarriage?

Postby GiGi27 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 am

So confused right now! I got my first bfp on 5th April then started to spot on the 8th which turned into a heavy bleed the next day which lasted a full week. I saw my gp on the 10th and she advised it sounded like a miscarriage. On Saturday there, 4th may I took another hpt after having a full week of sore boobs and it was an unmistakable bfp. Clear blue digi also said pregnant 2-3 weeks! The only problem is that I've been spotting since 3rd may, first brown then a little red and now today, the 7th, it's all red almost like a light period. Its not enough to soak a pad, just using a panty liner, but just terrified this is another miscarriage. I have been taking hpts every day since sat and all have been really dark lines whereas last month they were always faint and digi only got to 1-2 weeks pregnant. I saw my gp this morning and he referred me to my local epu but they won't take me in for an early scan until I'm 6 weeks pg which isn't for another 2 weeks (based on having my mc 4 weeks ago). I don't know how I'm going to cope with the wait!!
GiGi27

Re: Is this another miscarriage?

Postby flapjack1027 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 am

:sticky: sorry for your loss! hopefully this month will be your sticky bean!! hang in there and good luck!!! :sticky:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Me- 31
DH - 35
Married 10/27/2001
ttc since 2002, "unexplained infertility"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is anything too hard for the LORD?" -Genesis 18:14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 113:9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flapjack1027
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Is this another miscarriage?

Postby Sen » Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 am

I understand your worry and frustrations here!
Unfortunately I don't think they can see if the pregnancies viable until the 6 week mark which would be why they are making you wait.
The only other thing you could ask for are blood tests so you can monitor the rise in hcg.
I had an ectopic in December and even though my life will be at risk next time I fall pregnant, not even I will get a scan before 5.5-6 weeks.

My advise is to eat well, rest plenty.
If you get any pain or clotting, take yourself to hospital and let them know what's happening.
Hang in there - bleeding and spotting can be fairly common.
Good luck!
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss