Spotting 1st cycle after mc

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Spotting 1st cycle after mc

Postby sophDC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 am

hi everyone i hope you can take the time to read this and offer advice if you can :)

i had a natural mc on may 11th and i have been charting my temps and used clearblue advanced digi opks. on cd18 i got the solid smiley face which indicates ovulation may occur 12-36 hours later following 3 days of flashing smiley faces. From cd19 to this day i have been experiencing ewcm accompanied with spotting.

is this common? i rang up epu and asked and they just advised i take a pg test and get in contact again if it is positive. no answer as to whether this is common or not.

could this be ovulation spotting? never had it before...or could it be old blood leftover from the mc making its exit. it is so intermittent. i may have some spotting in the morning and then nothing until the next evening for example.

I use fertility friend and currently ovulation has not been recognised. i just used the digis and a couple of regular opks. but i tried a regular opk with second morning urine and there is a more of a second line than those tested around cd18 and 19 - complete conflict :s

any suggestions or advice would be appreciated :)
sophDC

Re: Spotting 1st cycle after mc

Postby eribear » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 am

Hi, Soph,

I have no idea...not a big help, I know, but thought I'd throw some support your way. I had a natural mc on 5/20 and based on BBT just O'd, almost right on schedule, which is a HUGE relief, I was so stressed about it. But, my EWCM wasn't as "wet" as before....BLAH!!!

*FX*
Proud mommy of twins xoxo
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sophDC » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 am

thanks for taking the time to reply. That is reassuring to know :) I think my cycle could be really out of sync. Stopped opks for now as they are driving me bonkers and just going to see if temps suggest ovulation. FX!
sophDC

Postby eribear » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 am

I think that's the best way to go based on everything I've read. Yesterday I literally gave up on stressing about not BD'ing and everything else because I thought I'd never go back to normal, in fact I was sobbing to DH half the night (the bottle of wine we had didn't help, but it was a much needed cry!). Then this AM, boom, temps flew up. So now I'm like hmmmm.....we bd'ed at all the right times if that really was the big O (we'll see if they stay up, I was a bit tossy turney, but not that much).

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer and temping will help sort things out. I actually started doing it in Excel vs. FF because I can lay them on top of one another and color code certain things. When I did that, counting from when my gestational sac passed (HCG at 12 that AM prior to it passing), my cycle is laying right on top of the other with a few exceptions, but the same pattern. It gave me a lot of relief.
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sophDC » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm

ooh well hopefully you dtd around the right time and hit the jackpot :)
I had cross hairs on ff until this morning, maybe I'll get them back tomorrow :s
I was so relaxed the cycle i got pregnant i should stop worrying so much, but i feel like i have lost lots of time, which i have : (
sophDC

Postby eribear » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:49 am

I think that's the worst feeling, the lost time/starting over. I can't help but track every week that we'd be this many weeks pregnant. It just throws everything off.
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sophDC » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 am

oh dear :(
Got cross hairs back today but not completely sure if the digi opks i did were right :s
sophDC

Postby eribear » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:29 am

my chart is lining up in the same exact pattern it did when we conceived....still probably too early to read into that ata ll but it's interesting to look at....
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sophDC » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am

how many dpo are you?

i'm pretty sure that the digi opks were wrong...may have ovulated yesterday as had a nice temp rise today and a bit of a dull ache - 3 days after an almost positive opk strip!
sophDC

Postby eribear » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:03 pm

That's frustrating! I've never used an OPK, sounds like they're insane!!

I'm only "5" based on my temp rise, but think it's more like 6 or 7 based on O pain. No time at all really. I do have short cycles so AF is due on Sunday...
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss