Birth contol after chemical pregnancy

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Birth contol after chemical pregnancy

Postby ksengbers » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi All,
First of all I am so sorry for all of your losses.... there are no words that can even begin to fill the void that is present in your hearts, I know it all too well. We had a miscarraige (clomid, trigger, IUI) then immediatly following a chemical pregnancy (natural, trigger, IUI) this last cycle. I had a d&c with the first and the chemical pregnancy was a natural miscarriage, so I bled after that, then the RE put me on birth control once my HCG was negative ( I also did it after the d&c). I am very regular, so just wondering if anyone else is having to do this. I just don't want to keep putting more and more stuff into my body if I don't need to.... My next appointment with the RE is 7/17 so I can ask then, just wondering if this is typical.. Thank you <3
ksengbers
Friend

Re: Birth contol after chemical pregnancy

Postby Lindsey ann » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:03 am

Why are you getting put on bc?
Lindsey ann
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ksengbers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm not really too sure. The first time, after the d & C, they wanted me on it so I wouldn't get pregnant, and so that we could fit in another cycle before we left to go abroad for a few weeks ( I was only on it for two weeks, then stopped and got a period, and then did the natural, trigger, IUI). This time, I do not know why. I think that I should have had to wait until I got a regular period, and when I said that the RE's nurse she said that as long as your HCG was negative, it was fine. So long story short, I do not know why..... I will be asking at my appointment though, and just wanted to see if anyone had ever had to do this, or if it was typical.
ksengbers
Friend

Postby OTLindsi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 pm

I just had a loss on July 1 st @ almost 9 weeks and had to have a D&C on July 2nd, my doctor put me on birth control as well, they are testing the fetus for chromosomes etc and my doctor says birth control helps normalize hormones after MC and also is buying us some time to get our results back. SO SORRY for your loss.

All my best.
2 years TTC naturally
July '12: HSG: Bifurcated Uterus
December '12: Surgery on Uterus Bifurcation
January '13: Clomid, HCG trigger Cycle #1 : BFN
February '13: IUI #1: Clomid, HCG Cycle #2: BFN
March 29, 2013: IUI #2: Clomid, HCG Cycle #3: BFN
April 27 2013: IUI #3: Clomid, HCG Cycle #4: BFN
May 29 2013: TTC Naturally BFP
July 1, 2013: Vaginal Ultrasound: No heart beat at 8 weeks, D&C Bye sweet baby girl :angel:
August 2013: TTC naturally with clomid and trigger shot, IVIL
September 2013: IUI #4: FSH injectables and HCG:BFN
October 2013: IVF #1: BFP 4dpt its a BOY due in July!
OTLindsi
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss