The pain

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: The pain

Postby eribear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi, Sarah...welcome doesn't seem like the right word...too positive...but we're all here for eachother. I coped in a very similar way- at first I wanted no one to know, but then I started telling all my closest friends. There are still a lot of people who don'tknow (we hadn't even told anyone we were pregnant yet), but those that do have been a HUGE help.

OPKs are Ovulation Prediction Kits- DH andI thought we might give them a try because temping really messed with my sleep. We know I'm ovulating, and it's pretty consistently day 15, but we want to double check....

Have you temped or anything to confirm O?
Proud mommy of twins xoxo
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sarah03sch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 pm

I have only guess-timated my ovulation from the calendar. WebMd I think you just tell it how long your cycle is and what day the first day of your last period was then it tells you a set of days when you "should" be ovulating. That's all I have done. My discouragement didn't start until last month. So I'm thinking if it doesn't work for us this month I'm going to try an OPK. I was reading about them this afternoon after I found this board!
sarah03sch
Friend

Postby eribear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:25 am

I definitely recommend something, you may be surprised- I have short cycles- 25 days, so I always thought I o'd around Day 12. Started temping and found out it's actually Day 15, a huge difference!!! I highly recommend it-- I was getting O-pains on Days 10/11, too, so 12 made sense, but wasn't accurate.
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sarah03sch » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks! I'm def going to try something different next cycle if it didn't work this month. :)
sarah03sch
Friend

Postby eribear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Hope it helps! I don't want to sound preachy, I was just shocked at what I found out (also frustrated because it means I have a SUPER short LP).
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC After a Loss