New here unfortunately...

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here unfortunately...

Postby CarlyRose3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 am

I got my BFP July 25th and even though it was fairly light I was over the moon happy. We'd been TTC for 14 months and this was the first positive we'd ever had. I was taking progesterone to induce periods since my cycles range from 34-89 days and then taking Letrozole 2.5mg days 3-7 of my cycle. This had been our second cycle with the Letrozole. I was trying to be caustiously optimistic same with DF but I think deep down we both thought "Thanks God, this is it!" The next two days I tested again and again and every time the lines were darker and finally I got a "Pregnant 1-2". My doc saw me July 29th for a beta which came back somewhere in the 200s. He called about three days later saying he was slightly concerned the number was a little low. I went back August 1st and had it drawn again. This time it was 439. He told me August 7th he wasn't concerned about the numbers anymore and wanted me to have a u/s to verify the due date.

I went in August 20th and should've been eight weeks and one day pregnant. However; the tech said she could "confirm pregnancy but it was a lot less than eight weeks". She told me my doc would get the results in 2-3 days. Well EIGHT days later I finally get a call to come in. I had another scan done yesterday which showed no progression so he told me I'm going to m/c. I opted to go natural, he offered me medications but not a D&C. I refused the meds and would've refused the D&C too. He told me it could take up to a month before I finally pass everything and then I need to wait another month before I start taking my progesterone again. It just sucks knowing that we were so close and have now had our dreams taken away :(
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: New here unfortunately...

Postby MEL66325 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 am

Oh, hun, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am so sorry this has happened to you. I commented to you on another thread but I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you. This happened to me almost three weeks ago and I'm still struggling to cope. Some days are better than others. I don't see that I'll ever be "over it" though. You've lost a piece of yourself - how do you get over THAT? :hugs:
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!
4/22/14 - :bfp: our rainbow baby
8/12/14- It's another BOY!
DS2- Owen Lane arrived 1/2/2015 :baby tumble:

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss