chance of genetic defect after 3 healthy babies?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

chance of genetic defect after 3 healthy babies?

Postby Asheo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:53 am

A friend of mine works in the lab at the hospital that did my D&C, she isn't really suppose to tell me anything or she could lose her job but has been keeping me up to date anyway...
She took care of my angel Friday afternoon... she has to describe what she sees before the baby goes to the pathologist.
She said that my baby has something different from the other babies she sees and that that could be why he (we don't know if he was a he for sure as he was too small, just my feeling), died... she said that the pathologist would be in on either Monday or Tuesday and that she put a rush on our baby so that in a week or 2 we would have the results.
She advised us to wait to TTC until we find out what was wrong just in case it's a genetic issue and that it could repeat itself.
What are the chances of that after having 3 healthy babies? I would assume that it couldn't be very high... right?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Asheo
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: chance of genetic defect after 3 healthy babies?

Postby MEL66325 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 am

I think that your chances are slim that this could happen again. Sometimes these things just happen and no one knows why. My doctor told me that just because I'd had one miscarriage didn't make me at any greater risk for another.
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!
4/22/14 - :bfp: our rainbow baby
8/12/14- It's another BOY!
DS2- Owen Lane arrived 1/2/2015 :baby tumble:

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: chance of genetic defect after 3 healthy babies?

Postby harmonylilley » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm on my 2nd M/c after 2 healthy babies 1 M/c in August @ 4weeks and now 2nd @ 7 weeks.. I've been told its just one of those things and not too give up.. Just give myself time too grief but our body's bounce back fast. I know here they won't do any testing too you have had 3 m/c in a row.. I had 2 m/c 2 live beautiful healthy kids and now 2 m/c again
harmonylilley
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss