Ttc after Ectopic pregnancy

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ttc after Ectopic pregnancy

Postby BabyBlessing » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Hello. I have been TTC conceive for 2yrs and on Sept 13th i took a HPT and got a BFP. However Sept 23rd my Dr told me it was an ectopic pregnancy and i had miscarried so i wouldnt need surgery or anything removed. I was emotionally hurt for a few days but the thought of trying again makes me feel better. Did anyone conceive right after MC? If not how long did it take to fall pregnant again? Ive stopped bleeding and ive read that you should wait for your cycle to try again but we've already started. All stories and advice are welcomed. Baby dust and God bless
BabyBlessing

Re: Ttc after Ectopic pregnancy

Postby mgresham21 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 pm

I am confused at how you miscarried an ectopic?? I've had two ectopics. With the first it ruptured with the second I had the methotrexate shot. I was unaware an ectopic could resolve itself? I recommend a second opinion?
My Ovulation Chart

Marie-26-
Senior Consultant for Thirty-One Gifts
http://www.mythirtyone.com/mgresham

Justin-26- electrician
Dd-Bethany-3- wild child
Dd-Bailey-2- sensitive sister
I have two angels, one would be 7 in jan and one would be 2 in feb.
Diagnosed with pcos 9 years ago, treated surgically. I have had two ectopics with one tube removal.
Been ntnp for over two years no success now actively ttc#3
[/b]
mgresham21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 pm

When I was talking to my hospital dr she said when they highly suspect ectopic there are usually 3 options and you must meet strict criteria for each: methotrexate, surgery or wait and see. She also said it is very rare that wait and see is ever a valid option but some ectopics can self resolve.

I was told to wait 2-3 cycles but it's to allow my body to heal as my tube was removed. If you have the methotrexate you need to wait because it can cause birth defects. I know if you have an ectopic your risk of having another is increased but I am not sure how waiting affects that, especially for self resolved EPs. Did your dr make a recommendation at all?
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BabyBlessing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for your replies and sorry for your losses. @mgresham21 yes my dr said my body had resolved it while it was in my tubes. I was 6wks wen they seen it in my tubes but it was only like a lil spot and a lot of blood so they told me to rush over to hospital and they took bloodtests which showed that my hcg levels went wayyyyyyy down. So i didnt need surgery since it had taken care of itself. I've been going to my dr for about 7 1/2 years. He delivered my son so i trust his word.
@B Michaelson Yeah my dr said the same thing. When they did my 1st ultra sound i was 5 weeks and they couldnt find a sac and i was bleeding. So they did blood work 2 days apart and told me my levels were about the same and they were suppose to double. Thats when i went back the following week to take more bloodtests and later that day the bleeding got heavier and i had bad cramps so i went in for an emergency ultrasound and thats when they seen it was barely there in my tubes. My dr advised me to try again after my cycle returns. I had a healthy pregnancy with my son so im hoping it will happen again.
BabyBlessing

Return to TTC After a Loss